BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2001
Humboldt County Courthouse
Supervisors' Chambers, First Floor
825 Fifth Street, Eureka
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. SUPPLEMENTAL AGENDA ITEMS (Posted Friday, March 2, 2001, at 4:45 p.m.)
Board of Supervisors
Recommendation: Ratify letter of support.
2. Subject: Application to State Technology, Trade, & Commerce Agency; Extension of Enterprise Zone
Recommendation: Authorize submittal of application by adopting Resolution No. 01-__.
3. Subject: Cal-North Lease Extension for Cellular Phone Antenna and Equipment
Recommendation: Direct staff to prepare a month-to-month lease extension.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR (These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote.)
Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any Board member to pull a particular item for discussion.
1. Subject: Purchase of a 1/4-Ton Pickup by Motor Pool for Assignment to Animal Control
Recommendation: Approve purchase ($17,500).
2. Subject: Funding for Pest Detection/Prevention Activities Related to Insect Trapping
Recommendation: Approve supplemental budget of $2,500.
County Administrative Office
3. Subject: Letter Requesting that Premiere of The Majestic be Held in Humboldt County
Recommendation: Authorize Chairman to sign letter.
4. Subject: Correction to Position Allocation for Information Services, Department No. 118
Recommendation: Increase .50 FTE Systems Administrator position to 1.0 FTE.
Health & Human Services--Public Health
5. Subject: Subcontract for Adolescent Family Life Program Services
Recommendation: Approve subcontract with Humboldt Child Care Council.
6. Subject: Subcontracts for HIV Early Intervention Program for Fiscal Year 2000-2001
Recommendation: Subcontract with Open Door Health Clinic and Redwoods Rural Health Center.
7. Subject: Change in Workweek from 37.5 Hours to 40 Hours for Health Education Specialist I
Recommendation: Approve change in workweek.
8. Subject: Approval Contract and Supplemental Budget for the Medically-Vulnerable Infant Program
Recommendation: Approve budget and contract with the State Department of Health Services.
9. Subject: Subcontract for Youth Services Bureau's RAVEN Project for Fiscal Year 2000-2001
Recommendation: Approve subcontract with the Redwood Community Action Agency.
Health & Human Services--Social Services
10. Subject: Request to Disband the Children and Family Services Oversight Committee
Recommendation: Approve request.
* 11. Subject: Acquisition of Two Computer Systems for New E-Mail System Security
Recommendation: Approve acquisition by transferring $3,700.
12. Subject: Sand Pointe Subdivision; Assessor's Parcel No. 511-011-14, McKinleyville
Recommendation: Accept Easement Deed and two Grant Deeds from Stephen A. Moser.
13. Subject: License Agreement for the Polasek Stockpile Site on Mattole Road
Recommendation: Approve license agreement with Darrel C. And Carole A. Polasek.
14. Subject: License Agreement to Conduct Business To and From County Property
Recommendation: Approve license agreement with Rapid Package Delivery.
15. Subject: Contract Change Order No. 5 for the Amount of $32,289.66
Recommendation: Approve change order for Bear Canyon Bridge, Project No. 940129.
16. Subject: Placing Four-Way Stop at Intersection of Bates and West Bates Road with McKinleyville Ave.
Recommendation: Introduce ordinance, waive first reading, and set adoption at least a week away.
D. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--9:05 A.M.
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. Please sign sheet in back of the Chambers by 9:00 a.m.
E. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Subject: Change Orders Over $10,000 on Public Works Projects (if required)
Recommendation: Approve change orders as recommended by Public Works.
2. Subject: Advertisement or Award of Public Works Projects (if required)
Recommendation: Take action as required (if necessary).
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
1. Subject: Reports on Board Member Travel at County Cost and Meeting Attendance
Recommendation: Receive oral reports, and take appropriate action (if required).
2. Subject: Potential or Proposed Big Box Retail Development in Humboldt County
Recommendation: Take appropriate action (if required).
3. Subject: Assemblywoman Strom-Martin's 2001 Legislative Package (Supervisor Woolley)
Recommendation: Hear report from Barbara Ellis, Field Representative, and take appropriate action.
G. CLOSED SESSION
1. Report from Prior Closed Session (if required)
2. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6 for the Purpose of Reviewing the County's Position, and Instructing its Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Employees (if required)
3. Report on Pending or Threatened Litigation Pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9 (if required)
4. Conference with Legal Counsel--Anticipated Litigation; Significant Exposure to Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(b). (One Case)
5. Conference with Legal Counsel--Existing Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(a)
John Hopkins v. County of Humboldt, et al. United States District Court, Northern District of California
Case No. C01 0508 VRW
H. ADMINISTRATIVE ABATEMENT HEARINGS--1:30 P.M.
Community Assistant Unit
1. Subject: Humboldt County vs. Scott J. Coburn; Assessor's Parcel No. 534-221-002; Hoopa Area
Recommendation: Find that public nuisance exists and order property owner to abate same.
I. PUBLIC HEARINGS
Community Development Services
1. Subject: Humboldt Bay Housing Development Corporation General Plan Amendment; Willow Creek Area; File No. 522-492-18; Case Nos. GPA-00-01/ZR-00-05/PUD-00-02/CUP-00-11
Recommendation: Adopt Resolution No. 01-__, and adopt Ordinance No. ____.