Supervisors’ Chamber, First Floor
825 Fifth Street, Eureka
Matters under the jurisdiction of the Board, and not on agenda, may be addressed by the public at the time provided in the agenda under Public Appearances. The Board may hold Closed Sessions as the agenda schedule permits. If items are marked with an asterisk (*), the recommended actions will require a 4/5 vote of the Board.
A. OPENING CEREMONIES
1. Salute to the Flag
2. Invocation by [invocator]
B. AGENDA ADDITIONS AND/OR DELETIONS
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
Board of Supervisors
1. Appointment of Lynnette Chen to the Assessment Appeals Board. (Supervisor Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the appointment of Lynette Chen to the Assessment Appeals Board.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Receive said report.
Community Development Services
3. Request to Approve Participation in the Richardson Grove Goods Movement Feasibility Study and Authorize the Director of the Community Development Services Department to Execute Agreements Required to Process Caltrans Grant Funds
RECOMMENDATION: Approve participation in the Richardson Grove Goods Movement Feasibility Study and adopt Resolution No. ____.
County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the Chair to execute the MOU and approve Resolution No. ___.
First 5 Humboldt
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the following amendment to Ordinance 2185, Introduce Ordinance No. ____by title and waive the first reading thereof and set the Ordinance for adoption at the next regular scheduled Board meeting.
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the donation of two (2) Rural Outreach Services Enterprise (ROSE) Program 2007 Jeep Liberty SUV's to the County Motor Pool.
6. Request for Approval of Service Agreement with Willow Glen Care Center for the Provision of Half-Day Rehabilitation and Residential Care Services to Authorize Medi-Cal Eligible Beneficiaries for Fiscal Year 2006/2007
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Service Agreement with Willow Glen Care Center for the provision of Half-Day Rehabilitation and Residential Services to authorized Medi-Cal eligible beneficiaries for Fiscal Year 2006/2007.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Community Grant Award from the March of Dimes.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the extension of extra-help hours for Charlotte Heimgartner to a maximum of 1920 hours during fiscal year 2006-2007 effective immediately.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve Contract S0675030 between the State Department Fish and Game and Humboldt County for the Local Assistance Grant for Area Contingency Planning for the period of January 1, 2007 through June 30, 2007 in the amount of $2500.00
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
10. Request for Temporary Increase in Pay for Social Worker III Gloria Englert as though She had been Promoted to Social Worker Supervisor II Pursuant to Section 7 of the Humboldt County Salary Resolution
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize temporary increase in pay for social worker III Gloria Englert as though she had been promoted to Social Worker Supervisor II beginning February 11, 2007 and continuing for a period of six (6) months or until the Social Worker Supervisor II vacancy is filled, whichever occurs first.
RECOMMENDATION: Direct the Auditor/Controller to establish trust funds.
RECOMMENDATION: Accept the completed contract, including all change orders approved by the Public Works Department, between Jurin Construction, Inc, Contractor, and Humboldt County for the storm damage repairs on Alderpoint Road.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the attached transfer from Contingencies to Water Management ($2,000.00).
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize compensation for Senior Correctional Officer, Lesa Goodwin, as if she had been promoted to the class of Correctional Supervisor, effective January 22, 2007 and continuing until her supervisor resumes his regular duties.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve an increase in extra help hours for Emergency Communications Dispatcher Natalie Primofiore from 1210 hours to 1460 hours.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
1. Proclaim March, 2007 as "National Youth Art Month" (Bonnie Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the proclamation.
E. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
RECOMMENDATION: Hear Report
F. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item -- Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County’s Position and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Personnel.
4. Standing Item--Adjourn as County Board of Supervisors, and Reconvene as Humboldt County Public Authority Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Conference with Labor Negotiator. It is the Intention of the Board of the Humboldt County Public Authority to meet in Closed Session to have a conference with its Labor Negotiator to review and instruct designated representatives with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to represented and unrepresented personnel of the Humboldt County Public Authority.
6. It is the Intention of the board of supervisors to meet in Closed Session to consider the Public Employee Performance Evaluation for the Position of County Counsel Pursuant to Government Code Section 54954.5.
G. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by 1:25 p.m.
H. PUBLIC HEARINGS -- 1:30 P.M. (or soon thereafter)
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: Introduce the proposed ordinance by title and waive further reading, open public hearing and receive a staff report and public testimony, approve as may be modified staff recommendations by adopting Resolution No.___ and adopt Ordinance No. ____.
RECOMMENDATION: Open the public hearing in the manner prescribed by law, and receive the staff report and public testimony. Approve Resolution No. ___ and adopt Ordinance No. ___.
RECOMMENDATION: Open the public hearing and receive staff report and public testimony on the Minor Quarterly Plan Amendments 2007-A. Approve Resolution No.___
for the Minor Quarterly Plan Amendments 2007-A.
I. OPTIONAL ITEM
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995.)
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.