HUMBOLDT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
SUPERVISORSí CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
825 FIFTH STREET
TUESDAY, MARCH 13, 2007
A. OPENING CEREMONIES
1. Salute to the Flag
B. AGENDA ADDITIONS AND/OR DELETIONS
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
Board of Supervisors
1. Certificates of Recognition for Scott Thompson, Rio Dell-Scotia Chamber of Commerce 2006 Individual of the Year and Smither Construction, Rio Dell-Scotia Chamber of Commerce 2006 Business of the Year. (Supervisor Rodoni)
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Certificates.
2. Letter of Support for the Yurok Tribe's Grant Request to Secure Tribal Transit Program Funding from the Department of Transportation for the FTA Section 5311 (f) Intercity Bus Program. (Supervisor Geist)
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify letter of support.
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify letter of support.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Board Order.
County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the attached Appropriation Transfer to expend $13,200 from the Center for Employee Advancement to provide employee training.
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the extension of extra-help hours for Brandy Barney, Office Assistant, to a maximum of 1400 hours.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the extensions of extra-help hours for Budget Unit 1170-424 pursuant to section 7 of Humboldt County Resolution effective immediately as follows:
1.† Michael Biesen, Mental Health Worker I, to a maximum of 1440 Hours; 2.† Jose Bill, Mental Health Maintenance Custodian, to a maximum of 1500 hours; 3.† Debra Williamson, Case Manager I, to a maximum of 1020 hours.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the allocation of one full-time Senior Program Manager effective immediately.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve agreements with North Coast AIDS Project, Open Door Community Health Centers Redwoods Rural Health Center, and St. Joseph Home Care-Humboldt County for Comprehensive AIDS Resources Emergency (CARE) services.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve State Amendment 06-55366 A01 to accept augmentation funds from the California Department of Health Services for the Preventive Health Care for the Aging Program, Authorize the Chair to execute and return three (3) originals of the Amendment and direct the Auditor-Controller to supplement Budget Unit 417 in Fund 1175.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve Revision Number 2 to Grant Agreement Number SIG 04-12 with the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs, Authorize the Chair to execute the two grant agreement packages, approve a budget revision in Fund 1175, Budget Unit #453, and Binge Drinking Reduction.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors reallocated the Library Assistant I/II (salary/range 226/248, class 0157, position #01) currently occupied by Matthew Miles in budget unit 621 to Senior Library Assistant (salary/range 286, class 0657) effective the beginning of the bi-weekly pay period following approval.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the attached supplemental budget and approve the purchase of a new CD Audio Logger.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors accept the work for the above-mentioned Project as complete, authorize the Public Works Director to file the Notice of Completion for the above-mentioned Project as required, Authorize the public Works Director to sign Change Order No. 13.0 for a (-$4514.89) deduction to the contract price and additional 82 calendar days to the contract time.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the Chair to execute the Boating Safety and Enforcement Financial Aid Program Contract for Fiscal Year 2007/2008; Authorize the Sheriff and County Auditor to sign all necessary documents to claim quarterly reimbursements from the California Department of Borating and Waterways.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve an increase in extra-help hours for Emergency Communications Dispatcher Natalie Primofiore from 1460 hours to 2000 hours
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the Public Works Department, Motor Pool to purchase a 2007 Jeep Rubicon, equip the vehicle for patrol and add it to the Sheriff's Fleet and approve the transfer from contingencies to fund the necessary equipment for the vehicle
D. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
RECOMMENDATION: Hear Report
2. Resolution Requesting Federal and State Agencies Work with Local Fishermen and Humboldt County to Maintain the Beach Fisheries and the Fishermen's Right to Own and Transfer Permits. (Supervisor Smith & Geist)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution.
E. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
9:45 A.M. - Board of Supervisors
1. Lloyd Throne, Director of the California State Department of Community Services & Development will give a report to the Board outlining his new responsibilities and discussing how the work of his department will help serve the citizens of Humboldt County. (Supervisor Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Hear the report and take appropriate action, if required.
10:15 A.M. - Community Development
2. Authorization to Submit a Workforce Housing Reward Program Grant Application for Development of a Pedestrian Access Path to the Willow Creek Elementary School Near State Route 96 in the Willow Creek Area.
RECOMMENDATION: Receive Staff Report; Adopt Resolution No. ____.
F. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item -- Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County's Position and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Personnel.
4. Standing Item -- Adjourn as County Board of Supervisors and Reconvene as Humboldt County Public Authority Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Conference with Labor Negotiator.† It is the Intention of the Board of the Humboldt County Public Authority to meet in Closed Session to have a conference with its Labor Negotiator to review and instruct designated representatives with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to represented and unrepresented personnel of the Humboldt County Public Authority.
5. Standing Item -- Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 (a), County of Humboldt v. Robert C. McKee; Humboldt Superior Court Case No. DR020825
G. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber.
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Board of Supervisors less than 72 hours prior to the Board meeting, and that are public records subject to the Public Records Act, are available for public inspection in the Office of the Clerk of the Board at 825 5th Street, Suite 111, Eureka (476-2384), during normal business hours.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995.)
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.