HUMBOLDT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
SUPERVISORSí CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
825 FIFTH STREET
TUESDAY, JULY 17, 2007
A. OPENING CEREMONIES
1. Salute to the Flag
2. Invocation by [invocator]
B. AGENDA ADDITIONS AND/OR DELETIONS
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
Board of Supervisors
1. Proclaim August 18, 2007 "Bridge-Fest Day." (Supervisor Rodoni)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Proclamation.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Board Orders, and authorize the Clerk of the Board and the Board Chair, to sign the minute book in accordance with California Government Code Section 25103.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors† approve the following appointments to the Multi-Agency Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council (MAJJCC):† Appointee - Garr Nielsen;† Category - Law Enforcement; Replacing - Dave Douglas; Appointee - Donna Wheeler; Category - Mental Health; Replacing Lance Morton.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors Authorize the Chairperson to sign and execute the License Agreement with WAVE DIVISION VI, LLC (WAVE); Authorize Real Property to send a letter to Starstream Communications, Inc. that License Agreement is Terminated.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorize the Public Works Director to sign Change Order No. 1.0 for an additional 39 Calendar Days.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the continuation of a temporary increase in compensation of 10 salary ranges for Associate Land Surveyor, David Ryan for serving as County Surveyor, from July 28, 2007 through December 29, 2007 or until the County completes the classification review and fills the county Surveyor position whichever occurs first, pursuant to Section 7 of the Humboldt County Salary Resolution.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors declare the subdivision as complete and approve and accept the subdivision map for filing with the County Recorder; accept the dedications to the County of Humboldt of Shadowbrook Street, Shadowbrook Court, and Parcel G for public utilities, Parcel I for Pedestrian Purposes; and accept Parcel J for non-vehicular access; and reject the dedications to the County of Humboldt of Shadowbrook Street and Shadowbrook Court† for public road purposes; and reject parcels H and K for drainage purposes, all as shown on the subdivision map.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorize the Chair to sign the Governing Body Resolution and Certification for a grant request to the State for the FFY07 Homeland Security Grant Program; authorize the Sheriff to sign the Grant Assurances, cover sheet and other grant documents as Authorized Agent.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorize the Sheriff's Office's application to the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program for reimbursement by accepting all assurances and certifications contained in the on-line application.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
1. Proclaim July 15-21, 2007 as National Probation, Parole, and Community Supervision Week. (Supervisor Roger Rodoni)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Proclamation.
2. Certificates of Appreciation for the Members of the 2006-2007 Grand Jury. (Supervisor Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign Certificates of Appreciation and present to the 2006-2007 Grand Jury.
E. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
F. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
9:30 a.m. - BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Presentation on Ecosystem Planning on Humboldt Bay. (Supervisor Smith & Supervisor Woolley)
RECOMMENDATION: Hear the report and take appropriate action, if required.
G. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item -- Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County's Position and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Personnel.
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Conference with Labor Negotiator.† It is the Intention of the Board of the Humboldt County Public Authority to meet in Closed Session to have a conference with its Labor Negotiator to review and instruct designated representatives with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to represented and unrepresented personnel of the Humboldt County Public Authority
5. Standing Item -- Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 (a), County of Humboldt v. Robert C. Mckee; Humboldt Superior Court Case No. DR020825
H. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by 1:25 p.m.
I. OPTIONAL ITEM
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Board of Supervisors less than 72 hours prior to the Board meeting, and that are public records subject to the Public Records Act, are available for public inspection in the Office of the Clerk of the Board at 825 5th Street, Suite 111, Eureka (476-2384), during normal business hours.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995.)
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.