HUMBOLDT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
SUPERVISORSí CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
825 FIFTH STREET
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 04, 2007
A. OPENING CEREMONIES
1. Salute to the Flag
2. Invocation by [invocator]
B. NON-AGENDA ITEM
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
Board of Supervisors
1. Resolution of Commendation for Retiring Correctional Officer James Barry (Supervisor Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution
2. Potter Valley Project Fish Screens Inquiry Follow-up Letter. (Supervisor Smith)
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify Follow-up Letter of Inquiry.
3. Letter of Support of Northern California Indian Development Council's Grant Application to continue operation of the Del Norte Indian Education Center and to begin services to American Indian families and students in Siskiyou. (Supervisor Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify letter of support.
Child Support Services
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Board Orders from the meeting of July 24, 2007.
Community Development Services
County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorize the Auditor-Controller to transfer $3,552 from General Fund Contingencies to the Grand Jury Budget (budget unit 1100-217) for Fiscal Year 2006-2007, in accordance with the Appropriation Transfer form.
Health and Human Services - Administration
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorize the temporary increase in pay for Eligibility Worker III, Jennifer Renzo, (Class 1731C, Range 318) Beginning July 29, 2007 and continuing for a period of six months or until such time as the regular supervisor returns to her position, whichever comes first.
RECOMMENDATION: It is recommended that the Board of Supervisors authorize temporary increase in compensation for Social Worker IVC, Michell Meliota as though she had been promoted to Social Worker Supervisor II (Class 0714, Range 414) beginning August 12, 2007 and continuing until the Social Worker Supervisors II completes her acting assignment or the position is filled or until February 9, 2007 whichever occurs first.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorize the Personnel Director to execute the Test Use Agreement for Board of Corrections Examinations with Cooperative Personnel Services.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorize the Personnel Director to execute the Bilingual Test Use Agreement with Cooperative Personnel Services.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors receive and file the bids for Construction of Sidewalks on Central Ave. (41800) at PM 1.76-2.63 and Murray Rd. (3m020) at PM 0.87-0.98; Award the contract to DANCO in the amount of $476,928.00; Authorize the Chairman to execute the project agreement. Upon submittal of the appropriate bonds and insurance; Direct the Auditor-Controller to establish a new contract account 1200321-0215, and transfer $488,464 to the account per the appropriation transfer
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the plans and specifications.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the appropriation transfer for $24,500 in fiscal year 2006/2007 from Capital Projects (170) to Facility Management (162).
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the supplemental budget of $104,000 for Parks.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. ___ approving the application for State Off-Highway Vehicle Grant.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
1. Resolution of Commendation for Retiring Deputy Sheriff Steven J. Berry (Supervisor Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Proclamation
E. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors receive a staff report regarding the Draft Dinsmore, Garberville, Murray Filed and Rohnerville Airport Master Plan Updates.
County Administrative Office
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
G. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
H. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item -- Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County's Position and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Personnel.
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Conference with Labor Negotiator.† It is the Intention of the Board of the Humboldt County Public Authority to meet in Closed Session to have a conference with its Labor Negotiator to review and instruct designated representatives with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to represented and unrepresented personnel of the Humboldt County Public Authority
5. Standing Item -- Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 (a), County of Humboldt v. Robert C. Mckee; Humboldt Superior Court Case No. DR020825
7. It is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in closed session to consider the public employee appointment for the position of Agricultural Commissioner-Sealer of Weights and Measures (pursuant to Government Code Section 54954.5).†
I. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by 1:25 p.m.
J. ADMINISTRATIVE ABATEMENT HEARINGS
Code Enforcement Unit
K. PUBLIC HEARINGS
Community Development Services
L. OPTIONAL ITEM
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Board of Supervisors less than 72 hours prior to the Board meeting, and that are public records subject to the Public Records Act, are available for public inspection in the Office of the Clerk of the Board at 825 5th Street, Suite 111, Eureka (476-2384), during normal business hours.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995.)
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.