HUMBOLDT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
SUPERVISORSí CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
825 FIFTH STREET
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 02, 2007
A. OPENING CEREMONIES
1. Salute to the Flag
B. AGENDA ADDITIONS AND/OR DELETIONS
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
RECOMMENDATION: Grant a waiver of the Nuclear Free Ordinance; Approve Standard Agreement 07-0413 for enforcement of Sudden Oak Death quarantine regulations and control activities and authorize its Chair to sign both cover pages and the Contractor Certification; Direct the Auditor-Controller to adjust expenditure and revenue accounts.
Board of Supervisors
2. Welcome Home Letter to Humboldt County Veterans Following Active Military Duty. (Supervisor Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair and Social Services Branch Director to sign letters.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the proposed agreement between the County of Humboldt and Remi Vista, Inc. to provide Transitional Housing Program - Plus (THP - Plus) services to referred emancipated, former foster youths through June 30, 2008 and authorize the Chair to execute three copies of the agreement.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors adopt a supplemental budget of $13,021.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors receive and file the bids for Construction of Storm Damage Repairs on Fulmor Road (2H040) at P.M. 1.4 - 1.88; Award the contract to Schneider Enterprises in the amount of $89,465.80; Authorize the Chairman to execute the project agreement upon submittal of the appropriate bonds and insurance; Direct the Auditor - Controller to establish a new contract account 1200321-0216, and transfer $93,938 to the account.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors declare the subdivision as complete and accept and approve the subdivision map for filing with the County Recorder and authorize the Chair to execute the Conveyance and Agreement.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
1. Proclamation proclaiming October 2007 as Physical Therapy Month (Supervisor Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Proclamation.
2. Proclamation Recognizing October 2007 as Traumatic Brain Injury Awareness Month Supervisor Neely
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Proclamation
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution
4. Resolution of Commendation for Retiring Correctional Supervisor Larry Wolf Supervisor Neely
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution
E. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors review and modify the draft Board of Supervisors' responses to the 2006-07 Grand Jury Report† as needed; Approve the documents, as may be modified, as the response from the Board of Supervisors.
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
G. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item -- Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County's Position and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Personnel.
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Conference with Labor Negotiator.† It is the Intention of the Board of the Humboldt County Public Authority to meet in Closed Session to have a conference with its Labor Negotiator to review and instruct designated representatives with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to represented and unrepresented personnel of the Humboldt County Public Authority
5. Standing Item -- Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 (a), County of Humboldt v. Robert C. Mckee; Humboldt Superior Court Case No. DR020825
H. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by 1:25 p.m.
I. OPTIONAL ITEM
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Board of Supervisors less than 72 hours prior to the Board meeting, and that are public records subject to the Public Records Act, are available for public inspection in the Office of the Clerk of the Board at 825 5th Street, Suite 111, Eureka (476-2384), during normal business hours.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995.)
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.