HUMBOLDT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
SUPERVISORSí CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
825 FIFTH STREET
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2007
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. SUPPLEMENTAL AGENDA ITEM (Departmental)
RECOMMENDATION: Approve proposed Memorandum of Understanding between the County of Humboldt and the Yurok Tribal Council transferring the provision of Temporary Assistance to Needy Families services to a tribal government.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve a four (4) week appointment prior to vacancy for the position of Agricultural/Weights & Measures Inspector I beginning March 03, 2007, per Section 7 of the Humboldt County Salary Resolution.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize a temporary pay increase in compensation for Senior Accountant-Auditor, Joseph Mellett, effective February 25, 2007, and continuing until the reorganization of the Auditor-Controller's Office is complete and the new position is filled.
Board of Supervisors
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to execute letter of support.
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify certificates of recognition.
5. Letter of Support Designating the "Friends of the Dunes" as the Grantee for the Phase I Site Improvements Recommended as Part of the Ma-le'l Dunes Cooperative Management Area Public Access Plan. (Supervisor Woolley)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to Sign Letter of Support.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Approve Board Orders and authorize the Clerk of the Board and the Board Chair to sign the minute book.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Board Orders and authorize the Clerk of the Board and the Board Chair to sign the minute book.
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: Create expense code for tracking funds, create a new fund to deposit payments and create expense code to track the funds associated with the PG&E grant.
County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Ordinance _____.
RECOMMENDATION: Delete the 37.5 hour class of Microfilm Tech. I/II and Senior Microfilm Tech. and adopt the 40 hour class into the classification plan.
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the allocation of 5 full-time Psychiatric Nurses and 6 full-time and one half-time Psychiatric Technician I/II positions.
12. First Amendment to Service Agreement with Humboldt Child Care Council (HCCC) for the Provision of Therapeutic Behavioral Services to Medi-Cal Beneficiaries to Increase the Contract Value for Fiscal Year 2006 - 2007
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the First Amendment to the Service Agreement between HCCC and Humboldt County Mental Health Plan.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Agreement File Number 20062142 between the California Endowment and Humboldt County Public Health Branch.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Grant Agreement between First 5 Humboldt and the Public Health Branch.
RECOMMENDATION: Waive the 960 hour annual limit for extra help employee Audrey Wilson, Health Client Services Worker, to the maximum of 1,920 hours.
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve and execute proposed agreement between County of Humboldt and Arcata Endeavor, Inc.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the three year California Child and Family Services Review, Humboldt County System Improvement Plan (2007) for the Child Welfare Services (CWS) Division of the Social Services Branch (SSB).
RECOMMENDATION: Allocate one full-time Associate Civil Engineer and Approve the attached supplemental budget.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the plans and specifications.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the release of the security held for the Drainage Agreement for Central Estates Subdivision Phase 1A.
D. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
RECOMMENDATION: Hear report.
E. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
9:30 am - CAO
RECOMMENDATION: Receive and file a financial review of the current (FY 2006-2007) and projected (FY 2006-2007) budget years for the General Fund.
RECOMMENDATION: Receive reports and take appropriate action.
10:30 am - Board of Supervisors
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution.
F. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item -- Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County's Position and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Personnel.
4. Standing Item -- Adjourn as County Board of Supervisors and Reconvene as Humboldt County Public Authority Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Conference with Labor Negotiator.† It is the Intention of the Board of the Humboldt County Public Authority to meet in Closed Session to have a Conference with its Labor Negotiator to Review and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to Represented and Unrepresented Personnel of the Humboldt County Public Authority
5. Standing Item -- Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 (a), County of Humboldt v. Robert c. Mckee; Humboldt Superior Court Case No. DR020825.
6. It is the Intention of the Board of Supervisors to Meet in Closed Session to Consider the Public Employee Performance Evaluation for the Position of County Counsel Pursuant to Government Code Section 54954.5.
G. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber.
H. PUBLIC HEARINGS-- 1:30 pm (or soon there after)
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: Hold a public hearing, receive the staff report and any public testimony and deny the protest and reaffirm the previous board action on the Notice of Non-Renewal for the Goselin Land Conservation Contract in the Palmer Creek Area.
I. OPTIONAL ITEM
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Board of Supervisors less than 72 hours prior to the Board meeting, and that are public records subject to the Public Records Act, are available for public inspection in the Office of the Clerk of the Board at 825 5th Street, Suite 111, Eureka (476-2384), during normal business hours.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995.)
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.