NOTE: THIS IS THE AGENDA AS FINALIZED ON
SUPERVISORS’ CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. AGENDA ADDITIONS AND/OR DELETIONS
C. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
D. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
1. Certificate of Commendation for Commissioner Jim Davy. (Supervisor Smith)
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Certificate of Commendation.
2. Appointment of Harvey Kelsey to the North Humboldt Recreation & Park District. (Supervisor Geist)
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the appointment of Harvey Kelsey to the North Humboldt Recreation & Park District.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign Letter of Appreciation.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
4. Extension of Extra-Help Hours for Charlotte Heimgartner, Fund 1175, Budget Unit 400, Public Health Branch, Fiscal Year 2007-2008.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the extension of extra-help hours for Charlotte Heimgartner, Fiscal Assistant I, to a maximum of 1920 hours during fiscal year 2007-2008 in FUnd 1175, Budget Unit 400, Public Health, pursuant to Section 7 of the Humboldt County Salary Resolution, effective immediately.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the Amendment to Contract Number #05-45761 with the California Department of Health Services to operate the Women, Infants and Children Supplemental Nutrition Program (WIC) for the period of October 1, 2005 through September 30, 2008; Authorize the Chair of the Board to sign seven copies of the Contract Amendment; Approve the budget revision.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve and authorize the Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health branch Director to sign the Host Site Agreement with the California Conservation Corps. to place one Americorps member in the Oral Health Program for approximately eight hours per week from January 1, 2008 to July 31, 2008.
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
7. Reallocate on 37.5 hour Office Assistant to 40 hour Office Assistant; Delete the 37.5 hour class of Deputy Public Guardian and Adopt the 40 hour class of Deputy Public Guardian; Delete the 37.5 hour class of Veterans Service Representative and Adopt the 40 hour class of Veterans Services Representative.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the reallocation of the vacant 37.5 hour Office Assistant I/II; Delete the 37.5 hour class of Deputy Public Guardian from the classification plan; Adopt the 40 hour class of Deputy Public Guardian into the classification plan; reallocate positions #01, #02, and #03 37.5 hour Deputy Public Guardian from 37.5 to 40 hour Public Guardians; Delete the 37.5 hour class of veterans Service Representative from the classification plan; Adopt the 40 hour class of Veterans Service Representative unit #1 into the classification plan; approve the reallocation of the vacant Veterans Service Representative (salary range 293, class 0675).
RECOMMENDATION: It is recommended that the Board of Supervisors approve the allocation of one full-time Office Services Supervisor position (salary range 326, class number 0122 in fund 1160, budget unit #511; effective immediately
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors adopt resolution No. _____ allowing the Chief Probation Officer to submit an application to, and sign all subsequent grant-related paperwork associated with the Corrections Standards Authority funding under the Mentally Ill Offender Crime Reduction (MIOCR) Grant program for the grant year through June 30, 2009.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve and authorize the Chair of the Board and Chief Probation Officer to sign the contract to allow for the utilization of the Madera County Juvenile Correctional Camp on an as needed, space available basis.
11. Fiscal Year 2008 Financial and Operating Plan for Controlled Substance Operations, Between the United States Forest Service, Six Rivers National Forest and the COunty of Humboldt, Sheriff's Office. ($23,000)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorize the Chair of the Board and the Sheriff to sign two originals for the FY2008, Financial and Operating Plan for Controlled Substance Operations, Agreement number 06-LE-11051360-014.
E. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
RECOMMENDATION: Appoint a representative to the Northwest California Resource Conservation and Development District Council.
G. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
- BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Resolution Approving Humboldt County as the Lead Agency for Applying for Federal Grants for County-Wide Trails. (Supervisor Neely & Supervisor Woolley)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution appRoving County as lead agency to apply for Federal grants for County-wide trails.
H. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item -- Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County's Position and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Personnel.
3. Standing Item -- Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 (a), County of Humboldt v. Robert C. Mckee; Humboldt Superior Court Case No. DR020825
I. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by
J. ADMINISTRATIVE ABATEMENT HEARINGS
K. PUBLIC HEARINGS
Community Development Services
1. Resolution Authorizing the Submission of a CDBG General Allocation Grant Application for $1,284,000 to Fund: North Coast Veterans Resource Center Start-Up Funds, All-Faith Partnership Emergency Shelter Acquisition and Expansion Remodel on Boyd Road, Arcata, and Aster Place Multi-Family Project on Myrtle Avenue, in Eureka
RECOMMENDATION: Receive staff report; Open the public hearing and receive public testimony; Close the public hearing; Adopt Resolution No. ____ authorizing the submission a $1,284,000 application for the 2008/2009 Communith Development Block Grand (CDBG) General Allocation Grant Application.
L. OPTIONAL ITEM
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for
the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each
document to the Clerk of the
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled
parking is available in the lot on
Afternoon Sessions TENTATIVELY Scheduled for Future Board Meetings
There are no Board meetings on the following days in 2008: January 1 (New Years Day), January 29 (5th Tuesday), February 12 (Lincoln’s Birthday), April 29 (5th Tuesday) July 29 (5th Tuesday), August 12 (Summer Break), August 19 (Summer Break), September 30 (5th Tuesday), November 11 (Veteran’s Day), November 25 (Week of Thanksgiving Holiday), December 2 (CSAC Annual Conference in San Diego), December 23 (Christmas Break), December 30 (5th Tuesday/Christmas Break)
CURRENT OPENINGS ON BOARDS, COMMITTEES, AND COMMISSIONS
Area 1 Developmental Disability Board
Fish and Game Advisory Commission
Housing Authority Commission
Human Rights Commission
In-Home Supportive Services Advisory
Status of Women Commission
Williamson Act Advisory Committee’s
To request an application, please contact the Clerk of the Board at 476-2384.
BARRING ANY UNFORESEEN TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES OR SCHEDULING CHANGES, REGULAR MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ARE BROADCAST LIVE ON SUDDEN LINK, CHANNEL 10, AND ARE REBROADCAST ON FRIDAY AT