HUMBOLDT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
SUPERVISORSí CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
825 FIFTH STREET
TUESDAY, APRIL 08, 2008
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. SUPPLEMENTAL AGENDA ITEM
1. Certificates of Appreciation to Sunny brae Animal Clinic, Humboldt County Fair Grounds, Fortuna Rodeo Grounds, Heart of the Redwoods Horse Rescue, and The Farm Store for their Generosity and Compassion in Providing Medical Treatment, Shelter, Food, and Supplies for 39 Mal-nourished Horses Recently Rescued from a Small Farm in Southern Humboldt.† (Consent) (Supervisor Gist)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to Sign Certificates of Appreciation.
C. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
1. Certificates of Appreciation to Union Labor Health Foundation, Vera P. Victor Trust and First Five Humboldt for their generous donation to the Humboldt County Methamphetamine Awareness Campaign. (Supervisor Smith)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign Certificates of Appreciation.
2. Proclamation Recognizing April 2008 as Fair Housing Month. (Supervisor Woolley)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Proclamation.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution.
D. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
RECOMMENDATION: Grant a waiver from the provisions of the Nuclear Free Ordinance, approve Standard Agreement Number 07-0704 and sign Contractor Certification Clause, and direct Auditor/Controller to make indicated account summary changes.
Board of Supervisors
2. Retirement Resolution for Arcata Assistant Fire Chief Ed Trigger. (Supervisor Woolley)
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Resolution.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Board Orders and authorize the Clerk of the Board and the Board Chair to sign the minute book in accordance with California Government Code Section 25103.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Board Order and authorize the Clerk of the Board and the Board Chair to sign the minute book in accordance with California Government Code Section 25103.
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Accept the donation listed and adopt a supplemental budget in the amount of $6,250.
6. Approval of First Amendment to the Service Agreement with Humboldt Family Service Center for Managed Mental Health Care for Medic-Cal Beneficiaries for FYs 06/07 and 07/08 to Increase the Contract Value for FY 07/08.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the Chair to approve the First Amendment to the Service Agreement between Humboldt County Medic-Cal Managed Mental Health Care (HCMMMHC) and Humboldt Family Service Center (HFSC) for the provision of specialty mental health services to increase the contract value for FY 07/08 and to sign the above described First Amendment.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the State Hospital Bed Purchase and Usage Agreement with the State Department of Mental Health for fiscal year 2007-2008 and authorize the Mental Health Branch Director to sign the attached State Hospital Bed Purchase and Usage Agreement with the State Department of Mental Health.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the allocation of one full time Activity Therapist (salary range 317, class 0939) position in budget unit 424, effective immediately.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
9. Accept and Approve California Kids' Plates Equipment Grant for the Department of Health and Human Service, Public Health Branch, Child Passenger Safety Program and Approve Supplemental Budget in Fund 1175, Budget Unit #420, Maternal Child and Adolescent Health in Fiscal Year 2007-2008.
RECOMMENDATION: Accept and approve California Kids' Plates Equipment Grant for $3000 from San Diego State University Research Foundation for the Child Passenger Safety Program in Fund 1175, Budget Unit #420, Maternal Child and Adolescent Health for the period of March 7, 2008 through June 30, 2008, and authorize the Chair of the Board to sign three copies of the Grant Agreement.
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the proposed First Amendment to Agreement with American Star Security Corporation for guard services provided to the Department of Health and Human Services and authorize the Chair to execute three (3) copies of the Amendment.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution to summarily vacate a portion of Windsor Street in the Santa Clara Tract, Myrtle town area, pursuant to Streets and Highways Code Section 8331.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign and execute the attached License Agreement, in duplicate, with Mike Wright, dab M&M Wright trucking, a sole proprietor.
RECOMMENDATION: Receive and accept the recommended pre-qualification list for Plan Checking, Map Checking, and Subdivision Inspection Services.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the plans and specifications.
E. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
RECOMMENDATION: Receive staff report regarding County levees and direct Public Works staff to work with the Office of Emergency Services (OES), the Department of Water Resources (DWR), the Orrick Community Services District, National Weather Service, and others to upgrade the County's flood warning and evacuation plan for Orrick before November 1, 2008.
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
1. Presentation by the Civil Liberties Monitoring Project (CLMP) Regarding Rural County Code and Code Enforcement Policies and Actions, Including Rural Code Issues in the General Plan. (Supervisor Redone)
RECOMMENDATION: Hear the presentation and take appropriate action, if required.
G. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
H. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item -- Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County's Position and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Personnel.
3. Standing Item -- Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 (a), County of Humboldt v. Robert C. McKee; Humboldt Superior Court Case No. DR020825
I. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by 1:25 p.m.
J. ADMINISTRATIVE ABATEMENT HEARINGS
K. PUBLIC HEARINGS
L. OPTIONAL ITEM
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Board of Supervisors less than 72 hours prior to the Board meeting, and that are public records subject to the Public Records Act, are available for public inspection in the Office of the Clerk of the Board at 825 5th Street, Suite 111, Eureka (476-2384), during normal business hours.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995.)
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.