HUMBOLDT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
SUPERVISORSí CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
825 FIFTH STREET
TUESDAY, JULY 02, 2002
A. OPENING CEREMONIES
B. AGENDA ADDITIONS AND/OR DELETIONS (NONE)
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
RECOMMENDATION: Send letter of opposition to legislators.
Board of Supervisors
RECOMMENDATION: Amend lease agreement for boat access point to the lower Eel River from a five-year agreement to a ten-year agreement.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt proclamation.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt resolution.
5. Letter of support for Manila Community Services District's Grant Application through Humboldt County Association of Governments for CalTRANS Economic Justice funding regarding transportation issues associated with Highway 255.† (Supervisor Woolley)
RECOMMENDATION: Review the application and authorize the Chair to sign a letter of support.
RECOMMENDATION: Extend local state of emergency until July 2, 2002.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Board Orders.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve request with the condition that the City of Arcata reimburse the County for costs incurred pursuant to this request.
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: Approve request (funds will be used to offset costs for grading, erosion control, and gate access at the Hiller Park Sports Complex).
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve agreement with Humboldt Alcohol Recovery Treatment
RECOMMENDATION: Approve agreements with North Coast Substance Abuse Council Humboldt Recovery Center and Alcohol/Drug Care Services.
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve request and reallocate the Employment and Training Operations Manager position to Employment and Training Manager.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve agreement for as-needed clinical supervision of System of Care Program.
RECOMMENDATION: Accept easement deed from and agreement with Joseph and Irene Silva.
RECOMMENDATION: Accept easement deed from and agreement with Andrew and Sandralin Westfall.
16. Construction of bridge over Mill Creek on Lighthouse Road (1D010) at 2.0 (Contract No. 200310) and bridge over East Mill Creek on Conklin Creek Road (2D010) at PM 0.1 (Contract No. 200312) Agreement No. P0010563 (Department of Fish and Game, California Coastal Salmon Recovery Program)
RECOMMENDATION: Approve plans and specifications and hold bid opening on July 23, 2002.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Director of Public Works to sign consent for Contract No. 594002.
18. Resolution authorizing the issuance and sale of Not-to-Exceed $6,500,000 of Bonds of the Eureka Unified School District School Facilities Improvement District No. 1 by a negotiated sale pursuant to a bond purchase contract, prescribing the terms of sale of said bonds.† Approving the form, and authorizing the execution and delivery of said bond purchase contract and authorizing the execution of necessary certificates relating to said bonds.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. 02-63.
19. Resolution authorizing the issuance and sale of not-to-exceed $26,000,000 of bonds of the Eureka Unified School District by a negotiated sale pursuant to a bond purchase contract.† Prescribing the terms of sale of said bonds approving the form, and authorizing the execution and delivery of said bond purchase contract, and authorizing the execution of necessary certificates relating to said bonds.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. 02-64.
D. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
Community Development Services
1. Resolution authorizing the Community Development Services Director to submit and sign the Environmental Protection Agency Brownfields Grant application packet related paperwork and contracts to implement grant.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. 02-65.
County Administrative Office
E. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
RECOMMENDATION: Review the program description and authorize the Chair to sign a letter to the PUC.
F. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
Time Certain 1† 9:45 AM SUPERVISOR BONNIE NEELY
RECOMMENDATION: Receive final report, and present certificates of appreciation to jurors.
Time Certain 2† 10:00 AM SUPERVISOR PAUL KIRK
RECOMMENDATION: Hear report from Drs. Lindsey and Glasseroff and local hospital representatives.
G. CLOSED SESSION
1. It is the Board of Supervisors intention to meet in Closed Session to consider Public Employee Performance Evaluation for position of Administrative Assistant to the Board of Supervisors pursuant to Government Code Section 54954.5.† (No final action taken)
H. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--9:05 AM
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber.
I. PUBLIC HEARINGS† 1:30 PM
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: Continued the public hearing to Tuesday, November 5, 2002 at 1:30 pm in order to have a probationary period for confirming that operations have been moved to the inside of the building and that the lean-to has been removed.† If problems arise during the probationary period, the permit will be brought forward for consideration of enforcement action.† If the permit is in compliance at the close of the probationary period, this Board could vote not to revoke the permit and the probationary period would be terminated.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995.)
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.