HUMBOLDT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
SUPERVISORSí CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
825 FIFTH STREET
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2002
A. OPENING CEREMONIES
B. AGENDA ADDITIONS AND/OR DELETIONS (None)
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign agreement.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt budget for Towers/Antennas and Professional/Special Services line items.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Board Orders.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Board Orders.
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve allocation.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve class, and allocate a position each to Mental and Public Health Branches.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve renewal grant application for $885,196 (Fiscal Year 2002-02)
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Amend Contract No. 99-85717-A06 for accepting $28,900 in federal funds.
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve purchase of vehicle and equipment ($35,500)
RECOMMENDATION: Approve request.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt proclamation.
E. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
RECOMMENDATION: Distribute report to local jurisdictions where a branch library is operated.
4. Agreement with American Legion Post No. 494 and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 6354 for use of the John Haynes Memorial Veterans Hall located on APN 32-011-06, more commonly known as 483 Conger Street in Garberville
RECOMMENDATION: Approve agreement and reschedule transfer for meeting of September 24, 2002.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt policy, effective when Court leaves by adopting Resolution No. 02-82
County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: Reschedule for the meeting of September 24, 2002
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
RECOMMENDATION: Accept retirement date effective at noon and adopt resolution of commendation.
RECOMMENDATION: Appoint Chief Deputy (and Sheriff Elect) Gary Philp to fill the unexpired term of Sheriff Dennis Lewis
G. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
Time Certain 1† 9:20 AM Auditor-Controller-Public Hearing
RECOMMENDATION: On September 24, 2002 adopt resolution approving said budgets.
Time Certain 2† 9:25 AM County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: Approve response for forwarding to presiding Judge and County Clerk-Recorder
H. CLOSED SESSION (No final actions taken)
2. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6 for the Purpose of Reviewing the County's Position and instructing its designated representatives with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to the County's represented and unrepresented employees (If required)
5. Conference with Legal Counsel--existing litigation pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(a); Mary Gaterud, Oral Whitlow Jr. and Does v. The Humboldt County Board of Supervisors; Case No. CV 020527; Petition for Writ of Mandate.
6. Conference with Real Property Negotiator pursuant to Govt. Code Sect. 54956.8.† It is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in Closed Session to have a conference with its Real Property Negotiator concerning property description 5601 Heindon Road, Arcata, California; party with whom negotiating Daniel Phillips; instructions to negotiator will concern price and Terms of Payment.
7. It is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in Closed Session, pursuant to Government Code Section 54954.5 to consider Public Employee appointment for the position of Administrative Assistant to the Board of Supervisors.
I. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--9:05 AM
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995.)
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.