Supervisors’ Chamber, First Floor
825 Fifth Street, Eureka
Matters under the jurisdiction of the Board, and not on agenda, may be addressed by the public at the time provided in the agenda under Public Appearances. The Board may hold Closed Sessions as the agenda schedule permits. If items are marked with an asterisk (*), the recommended actions will require a 4/5 vote of the Board.
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. SUPPLEMENTAL AGENDA ITEMS
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Carter Joint Timber Management Plan and Guide. Direct the Planning Division to record the Declaration of Covenants, conditions, and restrictions implementing said Plan and Guide.
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the authorization of the Chair's signing the letter of comments on January 21, 2005.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote.
Board of Supervisors
1. Continuation of Emergency - Transmission of Disease Through Contaminated Needle Use (Supervisor Rodoni)
RECOMMENDATION: Declare that a local state of emergency, per Resolution No.2000-14, remains in effect until February 15, 2005, allowing the Public Health Branch to continue a needle-exchange program.
2. Letter of Support for the City of Eureka's "C" Street Improvement Project (Supervisor Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to Sign Letter of Support.
3. Appointment to the Fortuna Fire Protection District Board (Supervisor Rodoni)
RECOMMENDATION: Appoint Douglas Edgmon.
4. Proclaim January 17, 2005 as "Martin Luther King, Jr. Day" (Supervisor Woolley)
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Proclamation.
Child Support Services (CSS)
RECOMMENDATION: Reduce the FTE of one vacant Fiscal Assistant I/II position effective with the beginning of the first bi-weekly pay period following approval.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve transfer.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Approval the Board Orders.
RECOMMENDATION: Reappoint Mr. Richard Hansis as the Third District representative.
Community Development Services
9. Central Estates Final Map Subdivision; Release from Conveyance and Agreement to Allow Construction of a Secondary Dwelling Unit on Lots 18 and 19 of Phase 1A; File No. APN 508-251-46 et al. Case No. FMS-04-94X; McKinleyville Area
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to execute the Quitclaim and Partial Reconveyance.
General Services (GS)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize GS to approve payment up to $15,930 for roof replacement upon completion of project.
Health and Human Services - Administration
RECOMMENDATION: Approve allocation.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve allocation, and approve disallocation.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve agreement to allow the HSRC's Linkages Program to continue to claim for TCM activities for Fiscal Years 2004, 2005, and 2006.
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve appointments as follows: Supervisor Jill Geist; Phillip R. Crandall, Health and Human Services Director; Beverly Morgan Lewis, Social Services Branch; Lance Morton, Mental Health Branch; Alexandra Wineland, Public Health Branch; William Burke, Chief Probation Officer; and the Honorable Joyce D. Hinrichs, Family Court Judicial Officer.
RECOMMENDATION: Extend lease with PWM, Inc. for use by the staff of Juvenile Drug Court and System of Care.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. 05-__. Administer the design and construction of a combination bike lane and bike route/pedestrian shoulder on Hiller Road from Central Avenue to Ocean Drive, subject to the approval of Bicycle Transportation Account (BTA) grant application. Provide a ten-percent (10%) match to the BTA funding for the completion of the project.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve allocation in order to finalize the Road Division's reorganization of the management of its field crews.
RECOMMENDATION: Accept completed contract with Granite Construction Company, and approve claim for payment ($19,769.43).
RECOMMENDATION: Accept completed contract with Granite Construction Company, and approve claim for payment ($8,544.67).
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution.
E. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Appoint a First District representative with term to expire on January 31, 2009.
RECOMMENDATION: Appoint a Second District representative with term to expire on January 31, 2009.
RECOMMENDATION: Appoint an At-Large representative with term to expire on January 31, 2009.
County Administrative Office (CAO)
RECOMMENDATION: Receive update, and take appropriate action (if required).
RECOMMENDATION: Hear report.
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
RECOMMENDATION: Hear reports.
RECOMMENDATION: Take appropriate action (if required).
G. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item--Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County's Position, and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Employees (if required)
4. It is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in closed session to consider the public employee performance evaluation for the position of County Administrative Officer pursuant to Government Code Section 54954.5.
5. Standing Item--Adjourn as County Board of Supervisors, and Reconvene as Humboldt County Public Authority. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Conference with Labor Negotiator. It is the intention of the Board of the Humboldt County Public Authority to meet in Closed Session to have a conference with its Labor Negotiator to review and instruct designated representatives with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to represented and unrepresented personnel of the Humboldt County Public Authority.
H. PUBLIC HEARING--1:30 P.M.
Community Development Services--Economic Development Division
RECOMMENDATION: Direct staff to close out documentation for said grant.
I. PUBLIC APPEARANCES
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers voluntarily sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by 1:25 p.m.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995).
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.
Public Hearings Scheduled for Future Board Meetings
(Schedule as known on the date of the publication of this agenda.)
Tuesday, February 8, 2005
Morris General Plan Amendment Petition—1:45 p.m.
There are no Board meetings scheduled on the following dates in 2005 (all Tuesdays). (Schedule as adopted on the date of the publication of this agenda.)
BARRING ANY UNFORESEEN TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES OR SCHEDULING CHANGES, ALL MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ARE BROADCAST LIVE ON COX CABLE CHANNEL 10, AND ARE REBROADCAST ON WEDNESDAYS AT 8 O’CLOCK P.M.
County of Humboldt Web Site: http://www.co.humboldt.ca.us