Supervisors’ Chamber, First Floor
825 Fifth Street, Eureka
Matters under the jurisdiction of the Board, and not on agenda, may be addressed by the public at the time provided in the agenda under Public Appearances. The Board may hold Closed Sessions as the agenda schedule permits. If items are marked with an asterisk (*), the recommended actions will require a 4/5 vote of the Board.
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. SUPPLEMENTAL AGENDA ITEMS
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign letter of support.
RECOMMENDATION: Apprve extensions for the following extra-help staff: Mary Dimick, Medical Office Assistant, to a maximum of 1,720 hours; Kelly Dunn, Medical Office Assistant, to a maximum of 1,720 hours; Dawn Hickcox, Office Assistant, to a maximum of 1,720 hours; Georgianna LaPeer, Administrative Analyst, to a maximum of 1,920 hours; Isaac Larson, Mental Health Worker, to a maximum of 1,720 hours; Joe McManus, Medical Office Assistant, to a maximum of 1,520 hours; Rhiannon Moore, Medical Office Assistant, to a maximum of 1,720 hours; and Rebecca Laloli, Medical Office Assistant, to a maximum of 1,440 hours.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote.
RECOMMENDATION: Approval amendment to agreement with the California Department of Agriculture to provide funding to place and service additional Gypsy moth traps through the end of the fiscal year ($3,164).
Board of Supervisors
2. Continuation of Emergency - Transmission of Disease Through Contaminated Needle Use (Supervisor Rodoni)
RECOMMENDATION: Declare that a local state of emergency, per Resolution No. 2000-14, remains in effect until March 8, 2005, allowing the Public Health Branch of the Department of Health and Human Services to continue a needle-exchange program.
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Certificate.
4. Appointment of Michael Orr to Humboldt County Human Rights Commission. (Supervisor Smith)
RECOMMENDATION: Appoint Michael Orr to the Humboldt County Human Rights Commission.
5. Certificates of Achievement for Quota International of Eureka's Honorees. (Supervisor Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to Sign Certificates of Achievement.
Community Development Services--Economic Development Division
RECOMMENDATION: Approve waiver up to 1,960 hours.
RECOMMENDATION: Appoint Jeff Nelson, Dale Warmuth, and Len Mayer to the WIB.
RECOMMENDATION: Reappoint Jon Sapper, Alex Stillman, and Kathy Moxon to the HFB.
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
9. Approval of First Amendment to Fiscal Year 2004-05 Agreement with St. Helena Hospital, d.b.a. California Specialty Hospital, to Change Name to St. Helena Hospital Center for Behavioral Health Effective November 1, 2004
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign said amendment.
10. Approval of Services Agreement with Milhous Children's Services, Inc. for the Provision of Mental Health, Intensive Day Treatment--Full Day, Medication Support, and Crisis Intervention Services to Med-Cal Beneficiaries Through June 30, 2006
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign said agreement.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve agreement to provide transitional living services for mental health clients (not to exceed $29,578.50 per month, nor $354,942.00 for Fiscal Year 2004-2005).
RECOMMENDATION: Reappoint John Pelaez to the MHB.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve extension.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve agreement (not to exceed $49,932) for providing the services of board-and-care placements for mental health clients that require regular and an enhanced level of service due to severity of mental illness and associated behaviors.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve Grant Agreement No. SIG 04-12 with the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs and the creation of the new budget unit ($79,979).
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign CDHS Agreement No. 04-35977.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt supplemental budget.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chief Probation Officer to sign agreement, allowing the Probation access to "read only" files in the City's law enforcement records management systems.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the disallocation of the following positions in Budget Unit 245, effective February 8, 2005: 1.0 Administrative Analyst, Position #001 (Salary Range 354, Class 626); 1.0 Substance Abuse Counselor, Position #001 (Salary Range 284, Class 491). Authorize the allocation of the following position in Budget Unit 245, effective February 13, 2005: 1.0 Legal Office Assistant, Position #001 (Salary Range 215/237, Class 0153). Exempt the newly-allocated position from the hiring freeze effective immediately. Approve a supplemental budget for Budget Unit 245 in the amount of $255,754.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the Chief/Assistant Chief Probation Officer to sign and execute the California Endowment Grant Award Agreement and/or other documents and assurance statements in order to accept the HRI grant funding ($950,000).
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the Public Works Director to sign Change Order No. 5.0 for an additional $18,236.94. Accept the completed contract, including all change orders approved by the Public Works Department, between Danco Builders, Contractor, and Humboldt County for the construction of the Animal Care and Shelter Facility. Authorize the Public Works Director to file a Notice of Completion for the Animal Care and Shelter Facility.
RECOMMENDATION: Accept additions and extensions by adopting Resolution No. 05-__.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt MOU with RCAA for an amount not to exceed $210,500.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the purchase of two diesel fuel tanks ($1,400).
RECOMMENDATION: Delete the class of Automotive Service Worker (Salary Range 265, Class 0246) from the classification plan. Adopt the forty-hour class of Automotive Service Technician (Salary Range 275, Class 0246, Unit 2). Approve the reallocation of the vacant Automotive Service Worker position in Budget Unit 350 (Salary Range 265, Class 0246) to the class of Automotive Service Technician (Salary Range 275, Class 0246) effective immediately.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
1. Proclaim February 22, 2005 as Spay Day USA (Supervisor Smith)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Proclamation.
E. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
RECOMMENDATION: Receive a presentation from the Humboldt County Airport Advisory Committee
Community Development Services--Economic Development Division
2. Request for Re-Review and Approval of Humboldt State University's (HSU) Application Under the 2004 Headwaters Grant Fund for Aleutian Canada Geese Research/Recommendations and Advanced Manufacturing
RECOMMENDATION: Approve request with the stipulation that the Aleutian Goose working Group drives the scope of work for the Geese portion of the project.
RECOMMENDATION: Adjourn as the Board of Supervisors. Convene as the Redevelopment Agency. Receive the Staff Report. Adopt Resolution No. 05-__, approving the Preliminary Redevelopment Report and authorizing transmittal to affected taxing entities. Adjourn as the Redevelopment Agency Board. Reconvene as the Board of Supervisors.
County Administrative Office (CAO)
RECOMMENDATION: Receive update, and take appropriate action (if required).
RECOMMENDATION: Hear report.
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
RECOMMENDATION: Consider the request, and take appropriate action.
RECOMMENDATION: Hear reports.
RECOMMENDATION: Take appropriate action (if required).
G. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
Board of Supervisors -- 10:00 a.m.
1. Humboldt County Human Rights Commission's Annual Report (Supervisor Woolley)
RECOMMENDATION: Hear the report, and take appropriate action.
H. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item--Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County's Position, and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Employees (if required)
4. Conference with Legal Counsel--Existing Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(a). K Mart Corp, et al, Debtors; K Mart Corp, et al, Plaintiff, vs. Anchorage, Alaska Municipal Tax Assessor, et al, Defendants. U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division. Case No. 02B02474 (Jointly Administered); Chapter 11; Adversary No. 03A01846
5. It is the intention of the Board of Supervisor to meet in Closed Session to have a conference with its Real Property negotiator concerning Riverwalk Drive in Fortuna, California; APN 200-353-021. Parties with whom negotiating: City of Fortuna, Harry Harden, Dennis Wendt, et al. Instructions to negotiators will concern price and terms.
6. Standing Item--Adjourn as County Board of Supervisors, and Reconvene as Humboldt County Public Authority. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Conference with Labor Negotiator. It is the intention of the Board of the Humboldt County Public Authority to meet in Closed Session to have a conference with its Labor Negotiator to review and instruct designated representatives with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to represented and unrepresented personnel of the Humboldt County Public Authority.
I. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers voluntarily sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by 1:25 p.m.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995).
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.
There are no Board meetings scheduled on the following dates in 2005 (all Tuesdays). (Schedule as adopted on the date of the publication of this agenda.)
BARRING ANY UNFORESEEN TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES OR SCHEDULING CHANGES, REGULAR MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ARE BROADCAST LIVE ON COX CABLE CHANNEL 10, AND ARE REBROADCAST ON WEDNESDAYS AT 8 O’CLOCK P.M.
County of Humboldt Web Site: http://www.co.humboldt.ca.us