HUMBOLDT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
SUPERVISORSí CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
825 FIFTH STREET
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 08, 2005
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. AGENDA ADDITIONS AND/OR DELETIONS
RECOMMENDATION: Approve request (effective November 15, 2005).
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the proposed new position recommendations.† Direct the Personnel Department to conduct a review of the current and proposed new position allocations.† Direct the Community Development Services Department to work with the County Administrative Office on a supplemental budget request for Fiscal Year 2005-06 to support the new positions, and return to the Board with the budget/allocation recommendations.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
Board of Supervisors
1. Continuation of Emergency - Transmission of Disease Through Contaminated Needle Use (Supervisor Rodoni)
RECOMMENDATION: Declare that a local state of emergency, per Resolution No. 2000-14 remains in effect until November 28, 2005, allowing the Public Health Branch of the Department of Health and Human Services to continue a needle-exchange program.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Board Orders.
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. 05-77.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve request, and disallocate three Planner I/II positions upon appointment to the three Senior Planner positions.
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve extension of hours.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize temporary increase in compensation for Sherry Gallagher, Supervising Psychiatric Nurse for performing the duties of the Director of Psychiatric Nursing effective November 20, 2005, and continuing until May 20, 2006, or until such time as the Director of Psychiatric Nursing position is filled, whichever comes first.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve template.
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve lease agreement with Robin Arkley for office space at 231 Second Street, Suites 301 and 303, in Eureka.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve request.
RECOMMENDATION: Amend current license agreement, extending through January 31, 2011.
RECOMMENDATION: Accept Overflight Easement executed by William C. Harriel and Stefanie J. Watson.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve request.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution, and authorize the Chair to sign Certificates of Recognition.
E. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
County Administrative Office (CAO)
RECOMMENDATION: Send letter to Representative Thompson stating the Board's position on the budget reconciliation measure.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Appoint Supervisor Rodoni to said board.† Appoint Supervisor Woolley as an alternate to said Board.
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
RECOMMENDATION: Hear reports.
RECOMMENDATION: Take appropriate action (if required)
G. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
9:30 a.m. - Board of Supervisors
1. Legislative Report by Assembly Member Patty Berg (Supervisor Rodoni)
RECOMMENDATION: Hear report (no action if required).
10:00 a.m. - County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: Hear report (no action required).
10:30 a.m. - Board of Supervisors
3. Presentation of the Energy Element for the Humboldt County General Plan (Supervisor Woolley)
RECOMMENDATION: Receive the Energy Element from Mr. David Boyd, Executive Director of the Redwood Coast Energy Authority, for inclusion in the General Plan Update process.
11:00 a.m. - Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: Adjourn as the Humboldt County Board of Supervisors.† Reconvene as the Humboldt County Redevelopment Agency.† Direct staff to:† work with Attorney to include language in the final Redevelopment Plan that guarantees funds will be committed to each sub-area, creating an Opportunity Fund and Community Fund as proposed in submitted report; work with the Planning Commission to make any changes regarding inclusion of the Redway sub-area in the final Redevelopment Plan and removal of split-zoned Glendale parcel; work with the environmental consultants to fully evaluate the projects to be included in the first five-year implementation plan; and analyze fire service demands in proposed Redevelopment areas.† Adjourn as the Humboldt County Redevelopment Agency.† Reconvene as the Humboldt County Board of Supervisors.
H. CLOSED SESSION
1. Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation - Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(a).† Lundberg, et. al. vs. County of Humboldt, et al.† Case No. C97-3989-SI†† (No Final Action Taken)
3. Standing Item-- pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6 review the County's position, and instruct designated representatives with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to the County's represented and unrepresented employees (if required)
5. Standing Item-- adjourn as County Board of Supervisors and reconvene as Humboldt County Public Authority.† Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6 conference with Labor Negotiator.† It is the intention of the Board of the Humboldt County Public Authority to meet in Closed Session to have a conference with its Labor Negotiator to review and instruct designated representatives with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to represented and unrepresented personnel of the Humboldt County Authority.
I. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
J. PUBLIC HEARINGS--1:45 P.M.
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Planning Commission's findings.† Adopt the findings for the Lot Line Adjustment consistent with the Williamson Act, the County's Williamson Act Guidelines, County Lot Line Adjustment regulations, and Government Code Section 51257; and approve the Lot Line Adjustment.† Approve the amendment to the existing Etter Preserve boundaries to reflect the Etter ownership.† Adopt Resolution No. 05-78 amd 05-79, amending Resolution No. 79-22 (which established Agricultural Preserve No. 79-9).† Authorize the Chair to execute the Notice of Rescission for Land Conservation Contract (establishing Agriculture Preserve No. 79-9), and execute the successor Land Conservation Contract for the Etter ownership.† Direct the Planning Division to prepare and file a Notice of Exemption pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act for the project.
2. Request from Willow Creek Family Associates That the California Statewide Communities Development Authority Adopt a Plan of Financing Providing for the Issuance of Multi-Family Housing Revenue Bonds to Finance the Acquisition, Construction, and Development of a 24-Unit Multi-Family Rental Housing Project (Willow Creek Apartments) on the West Side of Highway 96, North of Brannan Mountain Road; and Request from Arcata Humboldt Associates II That Said Authority Adopt a Plan of Financing Providing for the Issuance of Multi-Family Housing Revenue Bonds to Finance the Acquisition, Construction, and Development of a 36-Unit Multi-Family Rental Housing Project (The Courtyards at Arcata II) at 1101 Giuntoli Lane in Arcata
RECOMMENDATION: Approve requests by adopting Resolution Nos. 05-80 and 05-81.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. 05-82, which authorizes:† the submission of a $300,000 application for Microenterprise Program; allocating $3,000 from the Economic Development Set-Aside Fund; the Community Development Services Director to execute grant agreements and any amendments thereto; and the Community Development Services Director to execute contracts and subrecipient agreements to carry out the activities (after review and approval by County Counsel and the Risk Manager).
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995.)
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.