SUPERVISORS’ CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2011
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. MODIFICATIONS TO THE AGENDA
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
Board of Supervisors
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution.
2. Resolution Declaring Saturday, September 3, 2011 as Bigfoot Days in Willow Creek. (Supervisor Sundberg)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution and
have the Clerk of the Board mail a certified copy of the Resolution to the
Bigfoot Days Committee,
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign Letter of Appreciation.
4. Proclaim August 20, 2011 as "Bridge-Fest Day" (Supervisor Clendenen)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Proclamation.
5. Letter of Support for Additional Funds for the Highway 36 Broadband Project (Supervisor Lovelace)
RECOMMENDATION: Direct the Chair to sign the attached letter to the California Public Utilities Commission expressing the County's support for IP Networks' request for $1,739,168 in additional funding for their Highway 36 Humboldt-Trinity Counties Project.
RECOMMENDATION: Appoint Jeff Katz and Brian Mitchell to fill the two Alternate Seats on the Humboldt County Assessment Appeals Board.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the Board Orders from the meeting of December 7, 2010.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve Board Orders from the Board Meeting of June 28, 2011.
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the attached agreement with Traditions Behavioral Health for Fiscal Year 2011-2012; authorize the Chair to sign the attached agreement with Traditions Behavioral Health for Fiscal Year 2011-2012; and direct the Clerk of the Board to return two signed copies of the agreement to Mental Health Branch Administration.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors review and approve the attached agreement between Humboldt County and Redwood Coast Regional Center; and authorize the mental Health Branch Director of the Department of Health and Human Services to sign the attached agreement.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve and authorize the Public Health Branch Director to sign State Standard Agreement with California Environmental Protection Agency and the County of Humboldt for Hazardous Chemical Electronic Reporting for the term of July 1, 2011 through January 1, 2013 for $58,322 in Fund 1175, Budget Unit 411, Hazardous materials Program; and direct the Clerk of the Board to return the three (3) approved Agreements to the Division of Environmental Health, for execution.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the Union Labor Health Foundation Community Health Grant in the amount of $5,000 for the period ending April 12, 2012 in Fund 1175, Budget Unit #426 (Nurse Family Partnership) and direct the Auditor Controller to adjust the budget, per Attachment A, in Fund 1175, Budget Unit #426, Fiscal Year 2011-12.
14. Grant Agreement with the California State Department of Fish and Game for the Local Government Oil Spill Contingency Plan for $5000 in Fund 1175, Budget Unit 411, Hazardous Materials Program, for Fiscal Year 2011-2012.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Grant Agreement with the State Department of Fish and Game and County of Humboldt for the Local Government Oil Spill Contingency Plan Grant (Grant Agreement No. P1175016) for $5000 in Fund 1175, Budget Unit 411, Hazardous Materials Program, for Fiscal Year 2011-12; authorize the Chair to sign the Work Commencement Authorization Disclaimer; and direct the Clerk of the Board to return the executed Grant Agreement and seven (7) original signature pages and one (1) original Acknowledgement of Work Commencement Authorization Disclaimer to Division of Environmental Health.
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve exercising the first option to extend the lease at 231 Second Street, Eureka with JLPREO, LLC through September 30, 2012; authorize Public Works - Real Property Division to send a notice the Lessor that the County is exercising the first option to extend the lease; direct the Clerk of the Board to return one executed agenda item to Public Works-Real property Division.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
E. ITEMS PULLED FROM CONSENT (IF APPLICABLE)
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
2. Update from Medical Marijuana Subcommittee (Supervisor Lovelace)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors Receive an update from the Subcommittee and from Planning Staff on the development of the County’s Medical Marijuana Land Use Code; Reaffirm direction to develop a series of separate ordinances to address individual issues; Request Planning Commission compete their review of the draft ordinance addressing indoor cultivation within residences and dispensaries and provide their recommendation to the Board; Direct the Subcommittee to meet with the CAO, Sheriff and other department heads to determine appropriate departmental responsibility for other areas of regulation and return to the Board with a workplan
3. Informational Report on the Humboldt Housing and Homeless Coalition Project (HHHCP). (Supervisor Sundberg)
RECOMMENDATION: Hear the report and take appropriate action, if required.
4. Letter to Governor Brown Joining with Humboldt County Law Enforcement Leaders in Expressing Concern for the Elimination of all State run Task Forces, including the Humboldt County Drug Task Force in the State budget. (Supervisor Smith)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign letter.
G. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve an exception to the hiring freeze for three full time Correctional Officer I/II positions in budget unit 1100243, effective July 1, 2011.
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors withdraw pending Local Coastal Plan Amendment HUM-MAJ-4-09 (Barry/Peterson/Chisum) from Coastal Commission consideration.
H. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
I. CLOSED SESSION
1. It is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in closed session to consider the Public Employee Performance Evaluation for the position of County Administrative Officer pursuant to Government Code Sections 54954.5 and 54957.
2. Conference with Labor Negotiator - Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, it is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in closed session to review the County's position and instruct its designated labor negotiator with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to the County's represented and unrepresented personnel. Negotiator: Dan Fulks. Employee Organizations: American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME local 1684), Humboldt County Attorneys Association, Humboldt Deputy Sheriffs' Organization (Law Enforcement Non-Management Unit), Elected & Appointed County Officials, and Management & Confidential Employees
3. Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation pursuant to Government Code section 54956.9(a); Barnum Timber Company et.al. v. County of Humboldt et.al.; Humboldt County Superior Court Case No. CV110378
4. Conference with Labor Negotiator - Pursuant to Government Code section 54957.6 it is the intention of the Humboldt County Public Authority for In-Home Supportive Services to meet in closed session to review the Public Authority's position and instruct its designated labor negotiators with respect to various forms of compensation provided to the Public Authority's represented and unrepresented personnel. Negotiators: Rick Haeg and Dan Fulks. Employee Organization: California United Home Care Workers Union, SEIU/AFSCME (CUHW); a. Adjourn as the Humboldt County Board of Supervisors; b. Convene as the Governing Board for the Humboldt County Public Authority for In-Home Supportive Services;
J. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by
K. ADMINISTRATIVE ABATEMENT HEARINGS
Code Enforcement Unit
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors, pursuant to Humboldt County Code Sections 351-21 and 351-22, hold an administrative hearing and consistent with the evidence presented at the hearing, find that a public nuisance exists on the subject property; and adopt the Findings of Nuisance and Order of Abatement in Attachment 1.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors, pursuant to Humboldt County Code sections 351-21 and 351-22; hold and administrative hearing and consistent with the evidence presented at the hearing find that a public nuisance exists on the subject property; and adopt the findings of Nuisance and Order of Abatement in Attachment 1.
L. PUBLIC HEARINGS
M. OPTIONAL ITEM
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda
submitted to the
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for
the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each
document to the Clerk of the
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled
parking is available in the lot on
Matters tentatively Scheduled for Future Board Meetings
There are no Board meetings on the following days in 2011: February 22, 2011 (Presidents’ week), March 29, 2011 (5th Tuesday); May 31, 2011 (5th Tuesday); August 2, 2011 (Summer Break); August 9, 2011 (Summer Break); August 30, 2011 (5th Tuesday); November 22, 2011 (Thanksgiving Break); November 29 (5th Tuesday/CSAC Conference); December 20, 2011 (Christmas Break); December 27, 2011 (Christmas Break)
ON BOARDS, COMMITTEES,
Ø Area 1 Developmental Disability Board
Ø Assessment Appeals Board
Ø Citizen’s Law Enforcement Liaison Committee
Ø Emergency Medical Care Committee
Ø Fire Safe Council
Ø Fish and Game Advisory Commission
Ø Housing Authority Commission
Ø Human Rights Commission
Ø In-Home Supportive Services Advisory
Ø Mental Health Board
Ø Public Property Leasing Corporation
Ø Status of Women Commission
Ø Williamson Act Advisory Committee
Ø Workforce Investment Board
To request an application, please contact the Clerk of the Board at 476-2384.
BARRING ANY UNFORESEEN TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES OR SCHEDULING CHANGES, REGULAR MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ARE BROADCAST LIVE ON SUDDEN LINK, CHANNEL 10, AND ARE REBROADCAST ON FRIDAY AT