SUPERVISORS’ CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
TUESDAY, JULY 19, 2011
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. MODIFICATIONS TO THE AGENDA
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors adopt Resolution # _______(attached) approving the Compensation Plans for Management and Confidential Employees and Elected and Appointed Department Heads for fiscal years 2011-2012 and 2012-2013.
2. Authorization to complete an Agreement between the County of Humboldt and the City of Eureka concerning a joint application for the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) for Fiscal Year 2010-11.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisor authorize the Chair to sign the attached Fiscal Agent agreement between the County of Humboldt and the City of Eureka; and approve the City of Eureka to submit and administer the JAG grant on behalf of the County of Humboldt and direct the Clerk of the Board to return the completed document to the District Attorney's Office for further processing.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve Cooperative Agreement No. 10-0148-SF, Known as the European Grapevine Moth Program contract between Humboldt County and the California Department of Food and Agriculture, authorize the Board Chair to sign the original agreement and one copy of the cover page and direct the Clerk of the Board to return all signed copies to the Agriculture Department for further processing; grant a waiver from the provisions of the Nuclear Free Ordinance; and authorize the Auditor Controller to execute the attached supplemental budget for fiscal year 2010-11.
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors, by a 4/5ths vote, conditionally approve the division of assessor parcels, portions of which are zoned Timberland Production Zone (TPZ) and for which a Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (Declaration) has been executed and for which a Joint Timber Management Plan (JTMP) and Guide have been prepared pursuant to Section 51119.5 of the California Government Code (C.G.C.); Direct the Community Development Services - Planning Division to record the Declaration with the JTMP; and direct the Clerk of the Board to give notice of the decision to the McLean Survivors' Trust, Timberland Resource Consultants, the County Assessor's Office and any other interested party.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve, ratify, and delegate to the Chair the authorization to sign the Land Use Consulting Services Contract with LACO Associates; and approve by 4/5ths vote the transfer from contingencies to 1100-282-2-118- Advance Planning, Professional Services in the amount of $29,000.
4. Resolution authorizing the Submission of a HOME Grant Application to the California Department of Housing and Community Development for two activities, a First - Time Homebuyer Program and an Owner Occupied Rehabilitation Program; and signature authority to the Community Development Services Director.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors review staff report; adopt attached resolution.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorize the Chair to execute the attached Public Works Mutual Aid Agreement and designate the Public Works Director as the Public Works Mutual Aid Coordinator on all matters relative to Public Works Mutual Aid for the County of Humboldt.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors receive and file the bids for Construction of Storm Damage Repairs on Mattole Road; award the contract to Van Meter Logging, Inc. for the total amount $372,252.78; authorize the Chairman to execute the project agreement upon submittal of the appropriate bonds and insurance; and direct the Auditor Controller to establish a new contract account 1200321-0269 and transfer $390,866 to the account per the attached appropriation transfer.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
1. Proclaim August 7 - 13, 2011 as Community Health Center Week in Humboldt County. (Supervisor Virginia Bass)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Proclamation and hear the report.
E. ITEMS PULLED FROM CONSENT (IF APPLICABLE)
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
1. Resolution in Honor and Recognition of Former Humboldt County Supervisor Sara Parsons. (Supervisor Mark Lovelace)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign the Resolution.
2. Presentation by Senator Noreen Evans on State Budget and Sacramento Issues. (Supervisor Lovelace)
RECOMMENDATION: Hear the presentation and take appropriate action, if required.
3. Consider Whether to Accept Applications for New Williamson Act Contracts. (Supervisor Mark Lovelace)
G. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors direct the Chief Probation Officer to provide notification to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation that the Humboldt County Probation Department is the agency designated to supervise offenders released to Post-Release Community Supervision pursuant to AB 117 (Chapter 39, Statutes of 2011).
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve an exception to the hiring freeze for one 1.0 FTE Administrative Analyst position (class 0623A, salary range 348 position 01) in Community Development Services Current Planning Budget Unit 277 effective immediately.
H. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
9:45 a.m. - BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Human Rights Commission Annual Report. (Supervisor Lovelace)
RECOMMENDATION: Hear the report and take appropriate action, if required.
I. CLOSED SESSION
1. It is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in closed session to consider the Public Employee Performance Evaluation for the position of County Counsel pursuant to Government Code Sections 54954.5 and 54957.
2. Conference with Labor Negotiator - Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, it is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in closed session to review the County's position and instruct its designated labor negotiator with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to the County's represented and unrepresented personnel. Negotiator: Dan Fulks. Employee Organizations: American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME local 1684), Humboldt County Attorneys Association, Humboldt Deputy Sheriffs' Organization (Law Enforcement Non-Management Unit), Elected & Appointed County Officials, and Management & Confidential Employees
3. Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(a), Humboldt Sunshine, Inc. v. County of Humboldt, et.al.; Humboldt County Superior Court Case No. CV070159.
J. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by
K. ADMINISTRATIVE ABATEMENT HEARINGS – none scheduled
L. PUBLIC HEARINGS – none scheduled
M. AFTERNOON DEPARTMENTAL ITEMS
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors receive staff's presentation on the public outreach effort for the General Plan Update (GPU) and Multi-Family Rezoning program to date for Action Item #1; receive public input; and direct staff to return to the Board with a proposed work plan to implement Action Item #2.
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda
submitted to the
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for
the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each
document to the Clerk of the
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled
parking is available in the lot on
Matters tentatively Scheduled for Future Board Meetings
There are no Board meetings on the following days in 2011: February 22, 2011 (Presidents’ week), March 29, 2011 (5th Tuesday); May 31, 2011 (5th Tuesday); August 2, 2011 (Summer Break); August 9, 2011 (Summer Break); August 30, 2011 (5th Tuesday); November 22, 2011 (Thanksgiving Break); November 29 (5th Tuesday/CSAC Conference); December 20, 2011 (Christmas Break); December 27, 2011 (Christmas Break)
ON BOARDS, COMMITTEES,
Ø Area 1 Developmental Disability Board
Ø Assessment Appeals Board
Ø Citizen’s Law Enforcement Liaison Committee
Ø Emergency Medical Care Committee
Ø Fire Safe Council
Ø Fish and Game Advisory Commission
Ø Housing Authority Commission
Ø Human Rights Commission
Ø In-Home Supportive Services Advisory
Ø Mental Health Board
Ø Public Property Leasing Corporation
Ø Status of Women Commission
Ø Williamson Act Advisory Committee
Ø Workforce Investment Board
To request an application, please contact the Clerk of the Board at 476-2384.
BARRING ANY UNFORESEEN TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES OR SCHEDULING CHANGES, REGULAR MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ARE BROADCAST LIVE ON SUDDEN LINK, CHANNEL 10, AND ARE REBROADCAST ON FRIDAY AT