SUPERVISORS’ CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2011
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. MODIFICATIONS TO THE AGENDA
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of
Supervisors adopt the attached resolution to authorize the filing of a report
for State of
Board of Supervisors
2. Distinguished Service Award Recognizing Dennis Hunter. (Supervisor Jimmy Smith and Supervisor Virginia Bass)
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Distinguished Service Award for Dennis Hunter.
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Certificates of Recognition.
4. Distinguished Service Award Recognizing Sylvia Jutila. Supervisor Smith and Supervisor Bass)
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Distinguished Service Award for Sylvia Jutila.
5. Letter of Support for the Loleta Fire Protection District Grant Request to DHS/FEMA Grants Program. (Supervisor Jimmy Smith)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign Letter of Support.
6. Letter of Support for the Wiyot Tribe's "Debris Removal Project" Funding Request. (Supervisor Jimmy Smith)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign letter.
7. Letter to Senator Boxer, Senator Feinstein and Senator Wyden Requesting Support for Senator Merkley's federal legislation to implement the Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement and Klamath Hydroelectric Settlement .Agreement. (Supervisor Mark Lovelace)
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify authorization for Chair to sign letters.
8. Letter of Support for the Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation and Conservation District Port of Humboldt Bay Tiger III Grant Project; Port of Humboldt Bay -California Intermodall Marine Highway Access Enhancement Project. (Supervisor Mark Lovelace)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign letter of support.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the Board Orders from the October 18, 2011 Board Meeting.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the Board Orders from the meeting of October 11, 2011.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the Board Orders of the meeting of October 4, 2011.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors adopt the attached ordinance amending Chapter 2 of Division 1 of Title II of the Humboldt County Code relating to boundary changes to supervisorial districts and direct the Clerk of the Board to publish a post-adoption summary of the ordinance with the names of the Supervisors voting for and against the ordinance, and direct the Clerk to post in the office of the Clerk of the Board a certified copy of the full text of the ordinance.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorize the Health Officer to renew ambulance operating permits for Fiscal Year 2011-12 for the attached ground ambulance service providers.
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
14. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) / Social Services Branch (SSB) In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) intent to participate in, and proposed budget for, the IHSS Fraud Prevention Program to access additional matching state and federal funds for fraud investigations and program integrity efforts pursuant to the Governor's California State Budget for Fiscal Year (FY) 2011/2012.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the County Response Cover Page requesting participation in the IHSS Fraud Prevention Program and the proposed Budget Justification for the County's Fraud Funding Plan for FY 2011/12; and authorize the Chairperson of the Board of Supervisors to sign two copies of the County Response Cover Page and the County's Budget Justification and return them to the DHHS - SSb Director for forwarding to California Department of social Services (CDSS) for review and approval.
15. Data Sharing Agreement between the County of Humboldt and Mathematica Policy Research, Inc. for use in a study mandated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service and the California Department of Social Services to evaluate the effect of CalFresh participation on food security.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the Data Sharing Agreement between the County of Humboldt and Mathematica Policy Research, Inc. and direct the Clerk of the Board to return two executed agreements to the Humboldt County Department of Health and Human Services Branch.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve increasing the amount of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) - Social Services Branch revolving Transportation Assistance Program Petty cash fund from $1,000 to $1,500 and adopt the attached Resolution, amending Resolution No. 07-85.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the plans and specifications and direct the Clerk to advertise the above mentioned project as required by Section 22037 of the California Public Contract Code with Bids to be opened on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 2:00 pm.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS – none scheduled
E. ITEMS PULLED FROM CONSENT (IF APPLICABLE)
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
1. Special Presentation for "Grave Matters," a Historic and Theatrical Event at the Fortuna Sunrise Cemetery. (Supervisor Clif Clendenen)
RECOMMENDATION: Hear the Presentation and take appropriate action, if required.
G. DEPARTMENT REPORTS – none scheduled
H. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN – none scheduled
I. CLOSED SESSION
1. It is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in closed session to consider the Public Employee Performance Evaluation for the position of Public Defender pursuant to Government Code Sections 54954.5 and 54957.
J. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by
K. ADMINISTRATIVE ABATEMENT HEARINGS
Code Enforcement Unit
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors, pursuant to Humboldt County Code sections 351-21 and 351-22: hold an administrative hearing and consistent with the evidence presented at the hearing confirm that a public nuisance exists on the subject property and adopt the Findings of Nuisance and Order of Abatement in Attachment 1.
L. PUBLIC HEARINGS – none scheduled
M. OPTIONAL ITEM
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda
submitted to the
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for
the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each
document to the Clerk of the
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled
parking is available in the lot on
Matters tentatively Scheduled for Future Board Meetings
There are no Board meetings on the following days in 2011: February 22, 2011 (Presidents’ week), March 29, 2011 (5th Tuesday); May 31, 2011 (5th Tuesday); August 2, 2011 (Summer Break); August 9, 2011 (Summer Break); August 30, 2011 (5th Tuesday); November 22, 2011 (Thanksgiving Break); November 29 (5th Tuesday/CSAC Conference); December 20, 2011 (Christmas Break); December 27, 2011 (Christmas Break)
ON BOARDS, COMMITTEES,
Ø Area 1 Developmental Disability Board
Ø Assessment Appeals Board
Ø Citizen’s Law Enforcement Liaison Committee
Ø Emergency Medical Care Committee
Ø Fire Safe Council
Ø Fish and Game Advisory Commission
Ø Housing Authority Commission
Ø Human Rights Commission
Ø In-Home Supportive Services Advisory
Ø Mental Health Board
Ø Public Property Leasing Corporation
Ø Status of Women Commission
Ø Williamson Act Advisory Committee
Ø Workforce Investment Board
To request an application, please contact the Clerk of the Board at 476-2384.
BARRING ANY UNFORESEEN TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES OR SCHEDULING CHANGES, REGULAR MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ARE BROADCAST LIVE ON SUDDEN LINK, CHANNEL 10, AND ARE REBROADCAST ON FRIDAY AT