SUPERVISORS’ CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
TUESDAY, MARCH 06, 2012
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. MODIFICATIONS TO THE AGENDA
1. New Air Service Incentives - Revenue Guarantee (Supervisor Mark Lovelace) [BOARD INITIATED]
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors receive input from staff regarding ongoing new air service recruitment and determine if the Board approves of the concept of adding Revenue Guarantees as a part of new air service recruitment, and if so direct staff to return to the Board with a specific proposal.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of
Supervisors order the termination of the Fortuna Union Elementary School
District and the Rohnerville Elementary School District, effective July 1,
2012; That the Board of Supervisors order the formation of the new Fortuna
Elementary School District encompassing the areas of the two terminated school
districts, effective July 1, 2012; That the Board of Supervisors establish the
boundaries of the new
Board of Supervisors
2. Letter of Support for the City of Eureka's Elk River Access Area/Hiksari Trail Project Located at Southwestern Eureka, Humboldt Bay-front from Truesdale Road to Pound Road, Eureka, Humboldt County. (Supervisor Virginia Bass)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorize the Chair to sign the letter of support.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the Board Order and authorize the Chair and the Clerk of the Board to sign the minute book in accordance with California Government Code Section 25103.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the Board Orders and authorize the Clerk of the Board and the Board Chair, to sign the minute book in accordance with California Government Code Section 25103.
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisor approve the waiver of 960 hour limit for extra help employee, Kathleen Boham, up to 1,415 hours, pursuant to Section 7 of Humboldt County Salary Resolution.
6. Release from Conveyance and Agreement to Allow Construction of Residential Units on Lot 2 (Currently APN 509-091-49) of the Furtado Final Map Subdivision; File No. APN 509-091-14; Case No.: FMS-04-05, McKinleyville Area.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors consider the application; authorize the Chair of the Board to execute the Quitclaim and Partial Reconveyance for Lot 2 of the Furtado Final Map Subdivision; direct the Community Development Services - Planning Division to record the Quitclaim and Partial Reconveyance; and direct the Clerk of the Board to give notice of the decision to the applicant and any other interested party and to return original copies to the Planning Division for recording.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors re-appoint the following representatives with a term to expire December 11, 2015:
a. Susan Penn - At-Large Public Representative b. Peter Oringer -At Large Public Representative; c. Bill Conners - Technical Expert Representative.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Proclamation.
2. Proclaim March 11-17, 2012 as "Sunshine Week". Supervisor Smith.
RECOMMENDATION: Hear the presentation and adopt the Proclamation.
E. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
9:30 a.m. - BOARD OF SUPERVISORS.
1. Presentation on the Effects of the Marijuana Industry on the Banking and Financial System in Humboldt County. (Supervisor Clif Clendenen)
RECOMMENDATION: Hear the presentation and take appropriate action, if required.
10:00 a.m. - BOARD OF SUPERVISORS.
2. Northcoast Regional Land Trust Presentation and Proposed Resolution Adopting an Oak Woodlands Management Plan, Promoting Private land Stewardship and Conservation by Offering Private Landowners the Opportunity to Participate in the Oak Woodlands Conservation Program. (Supervisor Clif Clendenen)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors hear the presentation and adopt the attached Resolution.
F. ITEMS PULLED FROM CONSENT
G. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
1. Humboldt Waste Management Authority (HWMA) Presentation on the Development of a Model Ordinance and Supporting CEQA Documents Prohibiting the Distribution of Single-Use Shopping Bags for Implementation by the HWMA Member Agencies. (Supervisor Mark Lovelace)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors hear the presentation and take appropriate action, if required.
H. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve the fiscal year (FY) 2011-12 Supplemental Budget for the Office of the District Attorney; approve the transfer of $206,960 from the Special Narcotics Investigation Trust Fund to the Office of the District Attorney budget unit 1100-205; approve the transfer of $143,193 from the Consumer Environmental Protection Trust Fund to the Office of the District Attorney Budget unit 1100-205; and approve the contract with IntelliBridge Partners for consultant services through March 31, 2012 not to exceed $130,000.
I. CLOSED SESSION
1. It is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in closed session to consider the appointment for the position of Director of Planning & Building pursuant to Government Code sections 54954.5 and 54957.
2. It is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in closed session to consider the appointment for the position of Director of Economic Development & Natural Resources pursuant to Government Code sections 54954.5 and 54957.
J. PUBLIC APPEARANCES
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by
K. ADMINISTRATIVE ABATEMENT HEARINGS – none scheduled
L. PUBLIC HEARINGS
Community Development Services
1. Proposed Changes to the 2010 Housing Element Implementation Multifamily Rezoning Program (H-IM17) to Respond to Comments, and amendments to the Housing Element to Incorporate the Multifamily Sites into the Residential Land Inventory. [PUBLIC HEARING CANCELLED AND RE-NOTICED FOR MARCH 13, 2012 AT 1:30 P.M. OR SOON THEREAFTER]
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors open the public hearing and receive the staff report and public comments; close the public hearing; approve the new, increased, decreased, deleted or changed fees, or modify the new, increased, decreased, deleted or changed fees, as shown in the amended 2011-2012 Humboldt County Schedule of Fees and Charges; Introduce by title, Ordinance No. ____, amending the Humboldt County Schedule of Fees and Charges for 2011-12, waive the first reading of the ordinance and adopt the ordinance; direct the Clerk of the Board, within 15 days, to publish a post-adoption summary of the ordinance with the names of the Supervisors voting for and against the ordinance, and to post in the office of the Clerk of the Board a certified copy of the full text of the adopted ordinance and amendments along with the names of those Supervisors voting for and against the ordinance [Government Code Section 25124 (b)(1)]
M. AFTERNOON DISCUSSION ITEMS
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors, by a four-fifths vote, adopt the attached Resolution calling for a measure on the June 5 primary election ballot on the question of renewing the Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Fee for 10 years.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors receive an oral report from the County Administrative Officer updating the times and locations for the community budget meetings, and various other topics, and take action as may be required.
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda
submitted to the
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for
the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each
document to the Clerk of the
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled
parking is available in the lot on
There are no Board meetings on the following days in 2012: January 31, 2012 (5th Tuesday); February 21, 2012 (Presidents’ week), May 29, 2012 (5th Tuesday); July 31, 2012 (5th Tuesday/Summer Break); August 7, 2012 (Summer Break); October 30, 2012 (5th Tuesday); November 20, 2012 (Thanksgiving Break); November 27, 2012 (CSAC Conference); December 25, 2011 (Christmas Break).
CURRENT OPENINGS ON BOARDS, COMMITTEES,
Ø Area 1 Developmental Disability Board
Ø Assessment Appeals Board
Ø Citizen’s Law Enforcement Liaison Committee
Ø Emergency Medical Care Committee
Ø Fire Safe Council
Ø Fish and Game Advisory Commission
Ø Housing Authority Commission
Ø Human Rights Commission
Ø In-Home Supportive Services Advisory
Ø Mental Health Board
Ø Public Property Leasing Corporation
Ø Status of Women Commission
Ø Williamson Act Advisory Committee
Ø Workforce Investment Board
To request an application, please contact the Clerk of the Board at 476-2384.
BARRING ANY UNFORESEEN TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES OR SCHEDULING CHANGES, REGULAR MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ARE BROADCAST LIVE ON SUDDEN LINK, CHANNEL 10, AND ARE REBROADCAST ON FRIDAY AT