SUPERVISORS’ CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2012
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. MODIFICATIONS TO THE AGENDA
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approves the Agreement for Petroleum and Geothermal Property Sales Study and authorizes the Assessor to sign said agreement.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Approve Board Orders from October 9, 2012. Authorize the Clerk of the Board and the Board Chair, to sign the minute book in accordance with California Government Code Section 25103.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors reallocate the .9 Library Assistant I/II (Class 0157 salary/range 254/276, position #10) position in budget unit 621 currently occupied by Charlene Stearns, to Senior Library Assistant (class 0657, salary range 314) in budget unit 621, effective the beginning of the pay period immediately following approval.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve First Amendment to Agreement with University of Cincinnati to continue working with the Probation Department for services related to the Evidence-Based Practices Program (EBPP) grant; and authorize the Chief of Probation Officer to sign the First Amendment.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
1. "The Great California Shake Out" Proclamation and Presentation. (Supervisor Mark Lovelace)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board adopt the proclamation and hear the presentation.
2. Informational Updates on North Coast MPA Monitoring Planning from the MPA Monitoring Enterprise, a Program of the California Ocean Science Trust. (Supervisor Ryan Sundberg & Supervisor Mark Lovelace)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors hear the presentation and take appropriate action, if required.
3. Resolution Recognizing the Cha-e-Nar Yurok Clean Slate Program. (Supervisor Ryan Sundberg)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorizes the Chair to sign the Resolution.
4. Proclaim October 21-27, 2012 as "Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Week". (Supervisor Virginia Bass)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board Adopt the Proclamation.
E. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN – None scheduled
F. ITEMS PULLED FROM CONSENT
G. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
1. Appointment of 2012-2013 Member and Alternate to the California State Association of Counties (CSAC) Board of Directors. (Supervisor Mark Lovelace)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors appoint a Member and Alternate to the California State Association of Counties Board of Directors.
2. Humboldt County Association of Government (HCAOG) Board Membership. (Supervisor Virginia Bass)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of
Supervisors provide direction to the County's representative on the
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors consider appointing two (2) voting members to the GEAMAC for initial four-year terms expiring October 2016.
H. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors: Receive report and review and approve the slate of Grant Fund Competitive Awards recommended for approval by the Headwaters Fund Board (HFB) (Attachment 1: Attachment 2; Attachment 3); and Authorize the Chair of the Board to sign the grant contracts when completed, after review and approval by County Counsel and Risk Management.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of
Supervisors accept donations made to the
I. CLOSED SESSION
1. It is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in closed session to consider the Public Employee Performance Evaluation for the position of Director of Library Services pursuant to Government Code Sections 54954.5 and 54957.
2. It is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in closed session to consider the Public Employee Performance Evaluation for the position of Director of Human Resources pursuant to Government Code Sections 54954.5 and 54957.
3. It is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in closed session to consider the appointment for the position of Director of Planning & Building pursuant to Government Code sections 54954.5 and 54957.
4. Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation pursuant to Government Code section 54956.9(a), Mayan Construction Company v. County of Humboldt; Humboldt County Superior Court Case No. DR090895.
J. PUBLIC APPEARANCES
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by
K. ADMINISTRATIVE ABATEMENT HEARINGS – none scheduled
L. PUBLIC HEARINGS
Planning and Building
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors: Open the public hearing and receive the staff report and public testimony; Deliberate on whether to revoke the Conditional Use permit of the Humboldt County Collective; Based on the findings in the staff report and testimony received about the project, adopt the Resolution (Attachment A) revoking the Conditional Use Permit; Direct the Clerk of the Board to give notice of the decision to the project applicant, the agent and any other interested parties; and Close the public hearing.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors: Open the public hearing; Receive a staff report; Open the public comment period and accept public comment; Close the public comment period; Deliberate on the proposed 2012 Annual Report and modify the Report as necessary; and Direct staff to forward the 2012 Annual Report to the State Clearinghouse and Department of housing and Community Development.
M. AFTERNOON DISCUSSION ITEMS
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors receive an oral report from the County Administrative Officer on his recent conference attendance, and various other topics, and take action as may be required.
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda
submitted to the
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for
the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each
document to the Clerk of the
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled
parking is available in the lot on
There are no Board meetings on the following days in 2012: January 31, 2012 (5th Tuesday); February 21, 2012 (Presidents’ week), May 29, 2012 (5th Tuesday); July 31, 2012 (5th Tuesday/Summer Break); August 7, 2012 (Summer Break); October 30, 2012 (5th Tuesday); November 20, 2012 (Thanksgiving Break); November 27, 2012 (CSAC Conference); December 25, 2012 (Christmas Break).
CURRENT OPENINGS ON BOARDS, COMMITTEES,
Ø Area 1 Developmental Disability Board
Ø Citizen’s Law Enforcement Liaison Committee
Ø First 5 Humboldt
Ø Human Rights Commission
Ø In-Home Supportive Services Advisory
Ø Mental Health Board
Ø Public Property Leasing Corporation
Ø Status of Women Commission
Ø Williamson Act Program Evaluation Committee
Ø Workforce Investment Board
To request an application, please contact the Clerk of the Board at 476-2384.
BARRING ANY UNFORESEEN TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES OR SCHEDULING CHANGES, REGULAR MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ARE BROADCAST LIVE ON SUDDEN LINK, CHANNEL 10, AND ARE REBROADCAST ON FRIDAY AT