SUPERVISORS’ CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
TUESDAY, MARCH 12, 2013
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. MODIFICATIONS TO THE AGENDA
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Board Orders from March 5, 2013. Authorize the Clerk of the Board and the Board Chair, to sign the minute book in accordance with California Government Code Section 25103.
County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorize the Chair to sign and send the attached letter in support of AB 182 (Buchanan and Hueso).
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of
Supervisors adopt the attached Resolution:
a. Authorizing the submission of
a $500,000 application for the 2013 State of California Department of Housing
and Community Development (HCD) CalHome Program for an Owner-Occupied
Rehabilitation and first Time Homebuyer Program. b.
Authorizing the County Administration Officer to execute in the name of
RECOMMENDATION: That the board of Supervisors approve the attached supplemental budget in the amount of $60,003 from the Special Narcotics investigation Trust Fund to the Office of the District Attorney (DA) budget unit 1100-205.
Health and Human Services - Administration
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors authorize the chair to send a letter to State Senator Noreen Evans and Assemblymember Wesley Chesbro supporting a state-based approach to Medi-Cal expansion.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve and permit the California Department of Health Care Services to provide legal representation and defend the County in California Children's Services (CCS) Fair Hearing appeal proceedings; authorize the Public Health Director, or designee, to sign the State Representation Agreement in substantially the same form as Attachment 1; and ratify the State Representation Agreement executed on July 2, 2012 by the CCS Administrator with authority to sign designated by the Public Health Director.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approves the attached supplemental budget and establish a fixed asset account in the amount of $10,000 for the purpose of upgrading the audio visual equipment in the Meeting Room at the Eureka Main Library.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve and authorize the Chair to sign the attached Multi-Service Agreement with AT&T and two federal E-rate Riders effective March 12, 2013.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors approve and authorize the Chair to sign the attached agreements and E-Rate Riders effective March 12, 2013; and return executed copies and one original to the County Librarian.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors: Accept the completed contract, including all change orders approved by the Public Works Department, between Hayes & Sons, Inc., and Humboldt County for the Earthquake Repairs on Monument Road and Williams creek Road; and Approve the final claim for payment as submitted by the Public works Department to the Auditor/Controller, in the amount of $684.10. This will bring the total amount paid to 100% of the contract.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
1. Pacific Union School Students Visit to the Board of Supervisors Meeting. (Supervisor Mark Lovelace)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of
Supervisors welcomes the Pacific
2. Tobacco Education Network Community Coalition Presentation. (Supervisor Virginia Bass)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors hear the presentation and take appropriate action, if required.
3. Resolution Recognizing Karen Lovie on her Retirement from the Sheriff's Office. (Supervisor Rex Bohn)
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors adopt the Resolution.
E. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
F. ITEMS PULLED FROM CONSENT
G. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
H. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors receive a report on information gathered from other counties and provide further direction to staff.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors consider options for modification of the appointment process for the Forestry Review Committee and provide further direction to staff.
3. Introduction of Ordinance: Amending Section 421-2, 421-3, 421-7 Relating to Stop Signs on Chelsea Way, Duchess Road, Elmwood Place and Walford Avenue, 422-10 Relating to Speed Limits on Mattole Road, 431-65 and 431-98.5 Relating to parking in Mckinleyville and Shelter Cove, and by Adding Section 431-61.5 Relating to Parking on Kimtu Road to Title IV of the Humboldt County Code.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors introduce the Ordinance by title and waive the first reading; set the ordinance for adoption on March 19, 2013 or at least one week away; direct the Clerk of the Board to publish the pre-adoption summary of the Ordinance and to post a certified copy of the full text of the proposed Ordinance in the office of the Clerk of the Board both publication and posting to be done at least five (5) days prior to the Board meeting at which the Ordinance will be adopted [Government Code Section 25121 (b)(1); direct the Clerk of the Board, within 15 days after adoption of the Ordinance, to publish a post adoption summary of the ordinance with the names of the Supervisors voting for and against the Ordinance, and to post in the office of the Clerk of the Board a certified copy of the full text of the adopted Ordinance and amendments along the names of those Supervisors voting for and against the ordinance; and direct the Public Works to file the attached Notice of Exemption with the County Clerk in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act.
I. CLOSED SESSION
1. Conference with Labor Negotiator - Pursuant to Government Code section 54957.6 it is the intention of the Board of Supervisors to meet in closed session to review the County's position and instruct its designated labor negotiator with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to the County's represented and unrepresented personnel. Negotiator: Dan Fulks. Employee Organizations: American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME local 1684), Humboldt County Attorneys Association, Humboldt Deputy Sheriffs' Organization (Law Enforcement Non-Management Unit), Humboldt Deputy Sheriffs' Organization (Law Enforcement Management Unit), Elected & Appointed County Officials, and Management & Confidential Employees.
2. Conference with Labor Negotiator - Pursuant to Government Code section 54957.6 it is the intention of the Humboldt County Public Authority for In-Home Supportive Services to meet in closed session to review the Public Authority's position and instruct its designated labor negotiators with respect to various forms of compensation provided to the Public Authority's represented and unrepresented personnel. Negotiators: Rick Haeg and Dan Fulks. Employee Organization: California United Home Care Workers Union, SEIU/AFSCME (CUHW). Adjourn as the Humboldt County Board of Supervisors; Convene as the Governing Board for the Humboldt County Public Authority for In-Home Supportive Services.
3. Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation pursuant to Government Code section 54956.9 subd.(d)(1); Humboldt Coalition for Property Rights, Inc and Lee Ulansey v. County of Humboldt, et.al., Humboldt Superior Court Case No. DR120178.
J. PUBLIC APPEARANCES
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by
K. ADMINISTRATIVE ABATEMENT HEARINGS
L. PUBLIC HEARINGS
Planning and Building
RECOMMENDATION: That the Board of Supervisors: Open the Public Hearing; Continue the project, per request of Planning staff, to a date certain of April 9, 2013; and Direct the Clerk of the Board to give notice of the decision to the applicant, the owner, and any other interested party.
M. AFTERNOON DISCUSSION ITEMS
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda
submitted to the
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for
the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each
document to the Clerk of the
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled
parking is available in the lot on
There are no Board meetings on the following days in 2013: January 1, 2013 (New Year’s Holiday); February 12, 2013 (Lincoln’s Birthday); February 19, 2013 (President’s Day Week); April 30, 2013 (5th Tuesday); July 30, 2013 (5th Tuesday/Summer Break); August 6, 2013 (Summer Break); October 29, 2013 (5th Tuesday); November 19, 2013 (CSAC Conference); November 26, 2013 (Thanksgiving Break); December 24, 2013 (Christmas Break); December 31, 2013 (5th Tuesday/Christmas Break)
CURRENT OPENINGS ON BOARDS, COMMITTEES,
Ø Area 1 Developmental Disability Board
Ø Behavioral Health
Ø Citizen’s Law Enforcement Liaison Committee
Ø First 5 Humboldt
Ø Human Rights Commission
Ø In-Home Supportive Services Advisory
Ø Status of Women Commission
Ø Williamson Act Program Evaluation Committee
Ø Workforce Investment Board
To request an application, please contact the Clerk of the Board at 476-2384.
BARRING ANY UNFORESEEN TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES OR SCHEDULING CHANGES, REGULAR MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ARE BROADCAST LIVE ON SUDDEN LINK, CHANNEL 10, AND ARE REBROADCAST ON FRIDAY AT