HUMBOLDT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
SUPERVISORS’ CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
825 FIFTH STREET
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2003
A. OPENING CEREMONIES
1. Salute to the Flag
B. AGENDA ADDITIONS AND/OR DELETIONS
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
Community Development Services
1. Resolution Amending Resolution No. 81-9 to Reflect New Ownership, to Change Agricultural Preserve 81-1 from Class A to lass D Preserve, and to Modify the Uniform Rules, Including Compatible Uses; Coppini Agricultural Preserve; File o. APN 106-021-39; Case No. AGP-11-87a; Ferndale Area
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. 03-__, and authorize Chair to execute successor Land Conservation Contract.
County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: Approve request, and grant exemption from hiring.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. 03-__,
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign third amendment.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign updated subcontract.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve grants agreements with KEET-TV, Redwood Community Action Agency, and St. Joseph Health System.
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve purchase ($750).
RECOMMENDATION: Approve agreement.
D. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--9:05 A.M.
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers voluntarily sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chambers by 9:00 a.m.
E. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
RECOMMENDATION: Hear oral reports, and take appropriate action (if required).
RECOMMENDATION: Take appropriate action (if required).
F. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
9:30 a.m.--Board of Supervisors
1. Presentation on Humboldt County Exhibit to be Displayed in State Capitol Building. (Supervisor Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Hear the presentation.
9:45 a.m.-- Board of Supervisors
2. Certificate Presentation from the Humboldt-Del Norte County Medical Society. (Supervisor Smith)
RECOMMENDATION: Take appropriate action.
10:00 a.m.-- Board of Supervisors
3. Legislative Report by Assembly Member Patty Berg. (Supervisor Smith)
RECOMMENDATION: Hear report and take appropriate action.
G. 11:00 A.M.--BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
RECOMMENDATION: Hear the presentation, and take appropriate action.
H. PUBLIC HEARING--1:30 P.M.
RECOMMENDATION: Find that the right of way is surplus property as per Section 25526.5 of the Government Code in that it is no longer necessary for county or other public purposes and that the estimated value is less than $25,000. Declare the right of way to be exempt surplus land as per Section 54221(c)(2)(B) of the Government Code and exempt from Section 54222 of the Government Code as per Section 54222.3 of the Government Code. Adopt Resolution No. 03-__, vacating said portion of 11th Street.
I. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item--Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County's Position, and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Employees (if required)
4. Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(a). Headwaters Forest Defense vs. Co. of Humboldt, et. al. United States District Court, Northern District of California. Case. No. CV97-03989-VRW.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995).
Afternoon Sessions Tentatively Scheduled for Future Board Meetings
October 14, 2003
Vacation of Portion of 11th Street in Fieldbrook
October 21, 2003
Palo Verde Volunteer Fire Department Subdivision/Use Permit/Zone Reclassification
October 28, 2003
Annual Update of Fees and Charges
There are no Board meetings on:
November 25, 2003
December 23, 2003
December 30, 2003
ALL MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ARE BROADCAST LIVE ON COX CABLE CHANNEL 10, AND ARE REBROADCAST ON WEDNESDAYS AT 8 O’CLOCK P.M.
County of Humboldt Web Site: http://www.co.humboldt.ca.us