NOTE: THIS IS THE AGENDA AS FINALIZED ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 18, AT 3:30 P.m. ANNOUNCEMENT OF SUPPLEMENTAL ITEMS, IF ANY, WILL BE POSTED AT THE FIFTH STREET ENTRANCE OF THE HUMBOLDT COUNTY COURTHOUSE BY FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2006, AT 5:00 P.M.
Supervisors’ Chamber, First Floor
825 Fifth Street, Eureka
Matters under the jurisdiction of the Board, and not on agenda, may be addressed by the public at the time provided in the agenda under Public Appearances. The Board may hold Closed Sessions as the agenda schedule permits. If items are marked with an asterisk (*), the recommended actions will require a 4/5 vote of the Board.
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. SUPPLEMENTAL AGENDA ITEM
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the study and authorize the Chair to sign said Agreement.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
Board of Supervisors
1. Resolution Honoring Cora Armstrong on Her 105th Birthday - October 21, 2006. (Supervisor Smith)
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Resolution.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to sign letter of support.
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Certificates of Recognition.
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the authorization for the Chair to sign the letter of support.
Health and Human Services - Administration
RECOMMENDATION: Extend appointments for Christopher Ash and Charles Prescott, Office Assistants I, to a maximum of 1,920 hours.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve salary adjustment effective January 30, 2006.
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
7. Agreement with Remi Vista, Inc. (Eureka and Redding) for Case Management and Crisis-Intervention Services to Medi-Cal Beneficiaries for Fiscal Years 2006-07 and 2007-08 ($300,000 Per Fiscal Year for Both Eureka and Redding Sites)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to execute said agreement.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to execute said agreement.
9. Supplemental Budget for Accepting Donations from Friends of the Redwood Libraries, Friends of the Fortuna Library, Fortuna Rotary Sunrise, Humboldt Area Foundation, Friends of the Hoopa Library, Target, and Other Organizations and Individuals
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt supplemental budget ($33,219).
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Personnel Director to execute agreement with the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve request upon the establishment of a new eligibility list.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution allowing the Chief Probation Officer to submit an application, sign all subsequent grant-related paperwork related to MIOCR grant program for the grant period January 1, 2007 through June 20, 2008.
RECOMMENDATION: Declare the subdivision as complete, and accept and approve the subdivision map for recordation. Authorize the Chair to execute the Conveyance and Agreement. Direct the Clerk of the Board to sign the subdivision map on behalf of the Board.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve agreement to provide demonstrative transit services to the Willow Creek and Hoopa Valley areas.
RECOMMENDATION: Reappoint Messrs. Sam B. Merryman, Jr., Raymond Flynn, and Harry Pritchard.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
1. Proclaim the Week of October 15, 2006 as National Forest Products Week (Supervisor Rodoni)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Proclamation.
E. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt a position of SUPPORT for Propositions 1A, 1B, 1C, 84 and 86. Adopt a position of OPPOSITION against Proposition 90.
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
RECOMMENDATION: Receive reports, and take appropriate action (if required).
G. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
10:00 a.m. - Board of Supervisors
1. Mental Health Advocacy Project Update (Supervisor Geist)
RECOMMENDATION: Hear the report and take appropriate action, if required.
H. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item--Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County's Position, and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Personnel
7. Standing Item--Adjourn as County Board of Supervisors, and Reconvene as Humboldt County Public Authority. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Conference with Labor Negotiator. It is the intention of the Board of the Humboldt County Public Authority to meet in Closed Session to have a conference with its Labor Negotiator to review and instruct designated representatives with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to represented and unrepresented personnel of the Humboldt County Public Authority.
I. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by 1:25 p.m.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995.)
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.
Afternoon Sessions TENTATIVELY Scheduled for Future Board Meetings
Tuesday, November 7, 2006
Mather Agricultural Preserve, Lot Line Adjustment & Timber Management Plan – Maple Creek
Purcell General Plan Petition - Orleans
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Garth Abatement – Blue Lake Area
Tuesday, December 5, 2006—1:45 p.m.
Magnolia Estates Permanent Road Division Petition
Sutter Ridge Permanent Road Division Petition
Tuesday, January 23, 2007—1:45 p.m.
Forster-Gill, Inc. General Plan Petition Application – Cutten
There are no Board meetings on the following days in 2006 (all Tuesdays): October 31; November 21; November 28; December 19; and December 26.
CURRENT OPENINGS ON BOARDS, COMMITTEES, AND COMMISSIONS
Assessment Appeals Board
Fish and Game Advisory Commission
Housing Authority Commission
Status of Women Commission
To request an application, please contact the Clerk of the Board at 476-2384.
BARRING ANY UNFORESEEN TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES OR SCHEDULING CHANGES, REGULAR MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ARE BROADCAST LIVE ON SUDDEN LINK, CHANNEL 10, AND ARE REBROADCAST ON WEDNESDAYS AT 8 O’CLOCK P.M.
County of Humboldt Web Site: http://www.co.humboldt.ca.us