HUMBOLDT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
SUPERVISORSí CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
825 FIFTH STREET
TUESDAY, JANUARY 16, 2007
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. AGENDA ADDITIONS AND/OR DELETIONS
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
Board of Supervisors
1. Letter of Support for the Mattole Restoration Council's Proposed Change in Location of the Riverside Public Access Area as Part of the Grant Request to Establish a River Parkway along the Upper Mattole River. (Supervisor Smith)
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize Chair to Sign Letter of Support.
2. Resolution Honoring Helen Goodrich on her 100th Birthday (Supervisor Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Resolution.
3. Proclaim January 15, 2007 as "Martin Luther King, Jr. Day." (Supervisor Woolley)
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Proclamation.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Receive and file said list.
Health and Human Services - Administration
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the allocation of one full-time Program Manager Position, effective immediately ($27,339.36).
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the extension of extra-help hours for May Yang, Vocational Assistant to a maximum of 1400 hours, Katy Yang, Vocational Assistant, to a maximum of 1400 hours, and Donna Cooper, Office Assistant I, to a maximum of 1400 hours effective immediately.
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the temporary increase in pay for Social Worker III, Denise Dowdall, Acting Social Worker Supervisor, beginning November 19, 2006 and continuing until February 24, 2007 (no General Fund impact).
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the temporary increase in pay for Nancy Koval, Acting Supervising Integrated Case Worker beginning December 31, 2006 and continuing for six months or until the regular supervisor returns, whichever occurs first (no General Fund impact).
RECOMMENDATION: Establish Revenue Account Number 1100-235-525081 ($46,800) and increase Expenditure Line Item 1100 235-2-629 STC Training ($46,800).
RECOMMENDATION: Approve of exercising the option to extend the lease at 1105 Sixth Street for one year, through April 30, 2008 ($1,591.35 per month, no General Fund impact).
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the supplemental budget ($13,235).
RECOMMENDATION: Approve an increase in extra-help hours for Emergency Communications Dispatcher, Natalie Primofiore from 960 to 1210 hours and Property Technician, Bruce Anfinson, from 960 to 1016 hours (no General Fund impact).
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. ____ amending Resolution No. 02-48, to Amend the Humboldt County 401(a), Defined Contribution Plan for Cash Outs of Accounts and Consent to Distribution.
D. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
Community Development Department
RECOMMENDATION: Receive staff report and approve funding request of $10,000 for the Chalk Mountain Ranch, $10,000 for the Charles Mountain Ranch, $10,000 for the North Fork Ranch, and $10,000 for the Valley View Ranch from the North Coast Regional Land Trust.
E. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
RECOMMENDATION: Receive reports and take appropriate action (if required).
F. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
G. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item--Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County's Position, and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Personnel.
4. Standing Item--Adjourn as County Board of Supervisors and Reconvene as Humboldt County Public Authority.† Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Conference with Labor Negotiator.† It is the Intention of the Board of the Humboldt County Public Authority to Meet in Closed Session to have a Conference with its Labor Negotiator to Review and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to Represented and Unrepresented Personnel of the Humboldt County Public Authority.
6. It is the Intention of the Board of Supervisors to Meet in Closed Session to consider the Public Employee Performance Evaluation for the Position of County Counsel Pursuant to Government Code Section 54954.5.
H. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by 1:25 p.m.
I. ADMINISTRATIVE ABATEMENT HEARINGS
J. PUBLIC HEARINGS
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: Open the public hearing and receive staff report and public comment.† Accept the Petition and adopt Resolution No. ____.
RECOMMENDATION: Open the public hearing, receive staff report, receive public testimony, and close the public hearing.† Approve and adopt 2006-07 budget for special districts and adopt Resolution No._____.
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Board of Supervisors less than 72 hours prior to the Board meeting, and that are public records subject to the Public Records Act, are available for public inspection in the Office of the Clerk of the Board at 825 5th Street, Suite 111, Eureka (476-2384), during normal business hours.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995.)
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.