HUMBOLDT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
SUPERVISORSí CHAMBER, FIRST FLOOR
825 FIFTH STREET
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 06, 2007
A. SALUTE TO THE FLAG
B. SUPPLEMENTAL AGENDA ITEMS (CONSENT)
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Appointment of Supervisor Geist as Requested
C. CONSENT CALENDAR
These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Prior to the meeting, any member of the public may request any member of the Board to pull a particular item for further discussion.
Board of Supervisors
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Certificate of Recognition.
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify Letter of Support.
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Resolution
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the request and refer to the Elections Department.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the appointments.
6. Letter of Support for the Nomination of David Bitts to the U.S. Secretary of Commerce for Appointment to the Pacific Fishery Management Council (PFMC) to Fill an Upcoming Vacant Seat (Supervisor Smith)
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify letter recommending Mr. Bitt's nomination for appointment to the PFMC.
Clerk of the Board
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Board Orders and authorize the Clerk of the Board and the Board Chair to sign the minute book.
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: Reappoint Patrick Cleary and Mark Burtchett to the Headwaters Fund Board.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve Resolution No. _____
RECOMMENDATION: Review and approve the contract for collection of developer fees for the Fortuna Union Elementary School District
County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the attached agreement and authorize the Chair of the Board to execute the agreement.
Health and Human Services - Mental Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Services Agreements between Redwood Community Action Agency and the Humboldt County Mental Health Plan.
Health and Human Services - Public Health Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve contract with Kevin Frank and Associates.
Health and Human Services - Social Services Branch
RECOMMENDATION: Approve Allocation of one 1.0 FTE Administrative Analyst I/II (class 0605, range 373/404) position in budget unit 511 effective immediately.
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt a supplemental budget of $5650.00.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the dissolution of the current eligibility list for Deputy Branch Director and Supervising Planner
RECOMMENDATION: Approve a temporary increase in compensation for Juvenile Corrections Officer Greg Horne as an Acting Supervising Juvenile Corrections Officer.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the Director of Public Works to sign Contract Change Order No. 2.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize a transfer of $10,000.00 from the General Fund.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the Public Works Director to advertise and distribute a RFQ for Airport Planning, Architecture/Engineering, Environmental and Consulting Services.
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the Senior Emergency Communications Dispatcher Cheri Williams to be compensated at the rate of Emergency Communications Supervisor beginning Jan. 22, 2007 through Feb. 26, 2007 or until the position can be filled.
D. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
1. Proclaim February 18 - 24, 2006 as Engineer's Week (Supervisor Neely)
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt the Proclamation.
RECOMMENDATION: Ratify the Proclamation.
E. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
County Administrative Office
RECOMMENDATION: Introduce by title, Ordinance No. ____, updating the Humboldt County Schedule of Fees and Charges for 2006-07 and waive the first reading of the Ordinance; Set the Ordinance for adoption at least one week away.
F. MATTERS INITIATED BY BOARD MEMBERS
RECOMMENDATION: Hear report.
G. CLOSED SESSION
2. Standing Item--Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Review the County's Position and Instruct Designated Representatives with Respect to the Various Forms of Compensation Provided to the County's Represented and Unrepresented Personnel
4. Standing Item -- Adjourn as County Board of Supervisors and Reconvene as Humboldt County Public Authority Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, Conference with Labor Negotiator.† It is the Intention of the Board of the Humboldt County Public Authority to meet in Closed Session to have a conference with its Labor Negotiator to review and instruct designated representatives with respect to the various forms of compensation provided to representatives and unrepresented personnel of the Humboldt County Public Authority.
5. Standing Item -- Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation, Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 (a), County of Humboldt v. Robert C. McKee; Humboldt Superior Court Case No. DR020825
6. It is the Intention of the Board of Supervisors to Meet in Closed Session to Consider the Public Employee Performance Evaluation for the Position of County Counsel Pursuant to Government Code Section 54954.5
7. It is the Intention of the Board of Supervisors to Meet in Closed Session to consider the Public Employee Performance Evaluation for the Position of Administrative Assistant to the Board of Supervisors Pursuant to Government Code Section 54954.5
H. PUBLIC APPEARANCES--1:30 P.M.
This 15-minute portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Board on any matter not on this agenda that is under the jurisdiction of the Board. It is requested that speakers sign the sheet at the front doors of the Chamber by 1:25 p.m.
I. ADMINISTRATIVE ABATEMENT HEARINGS -- 1:45 P.M.
Code Enforcement Unit
1. County of Humboldt vs. Jan Carrico and David Doolaege; Assessors Parcel No. 206-341-004 Continued from 12/05/06
RECOMMENDATION: Authorize the cost of abatement to be advanced by the County of Humboldt and, if unpaid by the property owner, that a lien be placed against the parcel in the amount of the costs of the abatement ($9,000).
RECOMMENDATION: Pursuant to the provisions of Humboldt County Code sections 351-21 and 351-22, Authorize the cost of abatement to be advanced by the County of Humboldt and if unpaid by the property owner, that a lien be placed against the property in the amount of the costs of the abatement; And approve the transfer from the Code Enforcement Trust Fund to the County Counselís Professional and Special Services to cover the cost of clean-up.
J. PUBLIC HEARINGS -- 1:45 P.M. (or soon thereafter)
Community Development Services
RECOMMENDATION: Open the Public Hearing, receive the staff report and public testimony; based upon findings approve the adoption of Resolution No. ____; Approve the adoption of Ordinance† No.____.
K. OPTIONAL ITEM
Any written materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Board of Supervisors less than 72 hours prior to the Board meeting, and that are public records subject to the Public Records Act, are available for public inspection in the Office of the Clerk of the Board at 825 5th Street, Suite 111, Eureka (476-2384), during normal business hours.
Persons wishing to file documentation on any agenda item for the official record must submit an original and nine (9) copies of each document to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 111 of the County Courthouse, 825 5th Street in Eureka (476-2384). Documentation includes, but is not limited to, written correspondence, audio and video tapes, maps, photographs, and petitions. Failure to submit the required number of copies will result in the document/s not being placed in the official record. (Per Board of Supervisors' policy adopted on March 21, 1995.)
The Chamber is wheelchair accessible, and disabled parking is available in the lot on K Street, between Fourth and Fifth Streets. If you are a person with a disability, and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (707) 476-2384, or (707) 445-7299 (fax). Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.