Welcome to the Humboldt County General Plan Update web site. If this is your first visit, you might be interested to know what types of information you can find here:
- The Board of Supervisors is now in the process of reviewing the Draft General Plan. The proposed staff reports and meeting materials are found both on the Board of Supervisors agenda page and the GPU public meetings calendar. All public comments on the Draft Plan can be found in the Public Comments section. Other related materials can be found in the documents section.
- The Board of Supervisors had sent portions of the Draft General Plan back to Planning Commission for review between January and March 2014. The meeting materials for the Planning Commission are found on the Planning Commission portion of the GPU website.
- The Planning Commission finished their review of the Draft General Plan and the Draft Environmental Impact Report in 2012. A review of their final recommendations on the draft General Plan can be found in the Tentative Planning Commission Comparison charts.
- The public meetings section provides schedules and information about Hearings before the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors as well as community workshops.
- The plan overview section contains an explanation of the General Plan, the update process, public participation guidelines, and a timeline which estimates the remaining phases of the update process.
The chapters tentatively approved by the Board of Supervisors are now available for review!
You can now view past Planning Commission and Board meetings online! To check if the meeting you are interested is available, please visit the archived videos page. Look for any files recorded on the meeting date.
For more information, including updates on our progress, please sign up to receive the GPU mailing list.
You will receive e-mails notifying you of meeting times, website updates, and project milestones.