The Incredible Years (IY) is a research-based, proven effective set of programs for:
- Decreasing children’s negative behaviors and noncompliance with parents at home
- Decreasing children’s peer aggression and disruptive behaviors in the classroom
- Increasing the social capability of children at home and at school
- Increasing children’s social skills
- Increasing children’s understanding of feelings
- Increasing children’s conflict management skills
- Increasing academic engagement, school readiness, and cooperation with children’s teachers
- Strengthening parenting skills
The programs are designed for families where a child or children are between the ages of 3 and 8.
The Parent Training Program focuses on strengthening parenting skills and consists of components which build upon one another.
Parents meet with trained facilitators for a minimum of 2 ˝ hours every week for 12-14 weeks.
At each session real family situations and techniques on managing them are discussed. In two-parent families, both parents are encouraged to attend the same training session. In single-parent families, the parent is encouraged to bring along another adult who can assist and support the family with practicing the strategies learned in each session.
Self referrals or referrals from Community Services Agencies are accepted, such as:
- Social Services
- Mental Health
- Public Health
Incredible Years Parent Training Program
For parents of children between the ages of 3 and 8
- Child care is available on site
- Meal is provided
- Bus tickets are provided if transportation assistance is needed
For additional information about Incredible Years Training series, visit their website: www.incredibleyears.com
or call (707)441-5056
or (707)441-5049/ FAX (707)445-6254.
The facilitators for Incredible Years are available to answer questions.
to view the IY program's brochure.
Brochures require Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click the following link to download a free copy.