Asha George, Ph.D., Director, Mental Health
HumWORKS Behavioral Health Services
Mental Health & Substance Abuse Treatment
Domestic Violence & Vocational Services
for CalWORKS Participants
is a group program that provides treatment and case management services to CalWORKs participants who are experiencing Mental Health
, Substance Abuse
, and/or Domestic Violence
issues in their lives or in the lives of their families.
Program services are provided by Marriage & Family Therapists and/or Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Substance Abuse Counselors, and Mental Health Case Managers, and are approved CalWORKs Welfare-To-Work activities
Services are designed to empower you to develop the self-awareness and personal motivation needed to make positive and permanent changes in your life as you move toward greater independence. We will assist you in acquiring the skills you and your family need to grow and thrive.
Description of Services:
Location: Social Services Branch Campus, 929 Koster Street, Eureka
- Assessment: The Clinical staff will assess for mental health, substance abuse, and domestic violence issues in your life while evaluating your entire family’s strengths and needs. We will look at the impact these issues have on your ability to obtain and/or retain self-sufficiency, and with your help, decide which services best fit your needs.
- Consultation: The Clinical staff provides consultation to CalWORKs in order to determine if an assessment is needed, and what type of treatment and service options would be beneficial to you and to your family.
- Plan Development and Service Coordination: With your help, and in coordination with CalWORKs Welfare To Work requirements, a comprehensive service plan will be developed that makes sense to you and your family. Program resources, as well as community resources and supports, are utilized. Staff will coordinate with other providers to ensure as much as possible, smooth transitions and seamless service delivery.
- Treatment Services: HumWORKs provides mental health and substance abuse group counseling and therapy opportunities that target issues related to self-esteem and self-sufficiency. Treatment is intended to enhance and stabilize personal & family functioning and to increase recovery and self-sufficiency.
- Skill Development: Mental health, substance abuse, and domestic violence groups are offered in 12-week cycles and feature flexible psycho-educational topics that are relevant and responsive to your needs. Information covered centers around family, relationship & parenting skills, wellness & symptom management skills, recovery & relapse prevention skills, stress reduction & leisure skills, and employment related life skills.
- Case Management: Brief targeted case management assistance is provided to those in need of linkages to community resources and other services.
- Transitional Support: HumWORKs provides individualized aftercare support services based on your specific needs.
Program serves CalWORKS participants. To apply, request an assessment from Employment Training Worker or Eligibility Worker.