Outlook Address Book is a container that includes the main
Contacts folder and any others you add. Outlook automatically
makes the main Contacts folder available through the Address Book
dialog, but you can also add other folders containing contacts.
Add the Outlook Address Book to a user profile
Before you can use the Address book tool to organize your personal
contacts, you must add the Outlook Address Book Service to your
- On the Tools
menu, click Services.
- On the Services
tab, click Add.
- In the Available
information services box, click Outlook Address Book.
- Click OK.
- Quit and restart
As we have discovered when we created a
message, the "Global Address List" is quite large, if
not somewhat cumbersome because it will make it difficult to
easily access users we frequently correspond with. To resolve this
problem, it was felt it would be valuable to review how we can
manage addresses and most efficiently utilize address books.
- There are four sources for
- The Global Address List is controlled by
the Humboldt County Information Services Department.
Information Services controls what is on this list. If you
note an error, you need to contact your supervisor and
your supervisor will be provided assistance in notifying
- Department Mailing Lists can be created
by authorized personnel from each department. The
degree of control each individual will have regarding who
is included in those lists is currently uncertain.
Currently, these lists are not readily available and
probably will become more available as things progress.
- "Contacts" is derived from
your Contacts module. Contacts is an extensive Rolodex
designed to include a comprehensive range of information
regarding individuals, corporations and departments.
- "The Personal Address Book" is
what you will utilize most frequently for sending
messages. Unlike "Contacts" this resource is
leaner and designed specifically to easily integrate with
the creation of a mail message.
- How to add a person from the
Global List to your Personal Address book
- Click on the Address Book Symbol or go
to Tools > Address Book
- Select the Global List
- Type the name of the Person You are
Interested in Adding and make certain you have a match
- Click the "Properties" Symbol
- Note at the bottom of the Screen you
have a button titled "Add to: Personal Address
Book". It's that simple.
- How to Create Personal
Mailing Lists (a.k.a. Distribution Lists)
- Click on the Address Book Symbol (if
- Switch to the Personal Address Book
- Click the "New" Symbol
- Click on "Personal Distribution
- Give the List a Name and then click in
the large box
- You can add members using records in any