| Tooby Memorial|
|2 miles southwest of Garberville (Sprowel Creek Road). Day Use Only -- No Fee.|
Activities: Picknicking; Swimming; Fishing; Playground
| Length of Stay: |
| Reservations: NO|
| Day Use: Free|
| Camping: No|
| Boat Launch: NO|
| Hiking Trails: |
| Bike Trails: NO|
| Dogs: NO|
| Horses: |
| Host: YES|
| Tent Sites: NO|
| RV Spaces: |
| Cook Fires: OK - (3)|
| Beach Fires: |
| Firewood: |
| Toilets: Portable|
| Showers: |
Humboldt County Parks
July 20, 2012 -
Camping Reservations for Grizzly Creek State Park
May 24, 2012 -
Grizzly Creek State Park to Stay Open
March 27, 2009 -
Clam Beach was awarded a Reader's Choice Award for best beach on the North Coast by Times-Standard readers!
Humboldt County Parks have a
combined total acreage of 478 acres which is approximately %.02 of all
Total State and Federal Public
Lands In Humboldt County:
Additional Park Info
- Day use hours: 5 am to midnight (except Freshwater)
- Check out for camping is 1 pm
- Groups: Freshwater Gazebo $250
- Groups: Freshwater Gazebo & West. Park $450
- Groups: Pamplin Grove M-Th $250
- Fri, Sat, Sun, and Holidays $500
- Bike/Walk-in camping is $8 per person per night, children 12 and under
free with an adult.
- Extra Vehicles $5, limit one
- Electrical Hookups available at Big Lagoon (1 site) and Van Duzen -
Swimmer's Delight (6 sites), cost is $8/night.
- Handicap/Veteran/Senior(62+) Discount $2 off vehicle camping,
and $1 off day use & hike/bike camping. ID is required for discounts
and can include:
can be obtained by calling the Humboldt County Parks Office at (707) 445-7651.
(1) Maximum stay in any 30 day period begins the first day you stay
(2) $2 extra charge for camping with a dog
(3) Cook only in metal rings or barbecues
(4) Not over 30" diam.; over 100' seaward,
of vegetative dunes, 50' from any flammables
300' from known snowy plover nest
(5) Host sells Firewood when Available
(6) an armload of ocean driftwood ok to collect
* Americans With Disabilities Act Compliant
(7) Maximum 10 people per campsite
Because of lack of financial resources, Humboldt County park
facilities are considered to be more primitive than facilities
managed by other agencies.
All campgrounds are equipped with sanitary facilities and cold
running water, and many visitors enjoy the more rustic setting
offered by the Humboldt County Park System.
The park and recreational areas are for your enjoyment and the
enjoyment of others. Please help keep them clean.
Off-road vehicles are prohibited on County beach areas.
Reservations are not accepted for campgrounds. Camping is on a
first-come, first-served basis.
If litter receptacles are not provided, please take all garbage with
you. Dumping of household garbage is strictly prohibited.