General Information   |  Doing Business  |  Health & Environment  |  Planning & Building  |  Law & Public Safety

  Humboldt County Parks | County Airports / Aviation | Road Conditions | File Downloads

Rural Transportation & Access Partnership (RTAP)

The Rural Transportation Access & Partnership (RTAP) can help rural, unincorporated communities overcome transportation challenges. RTAP is a matching program offered through Humboldt County Department of Public Works to help address un-funded transportation needs through community partnership. The following information will assist you in how to propose community-driven, county supported transportation projects.

Proposed projects should:

  • Address a significant, demonstrable transportation need
  • Be in un-incorporated Humboldt County
  • Be within an existing public right of way (and have willing landowners if adjacent lands are involved)
  • Have substantive community support

Consultation with the Department of Public Works must occur before a project concept is developed and submitted. To request a copy of the RTAP Guide in the mail or to consult with Public Works staff, contact or call (707) 445-7421.

For information about applying to the program in your area, including detailed information about the application and proposal process, review the RTAP Guide [PDF].

Home | Board of Supervisors | County Directory | Services | Departments | Employment | Feedback Get Adobe Reader Here
spacer spacer spacer
  2013 Humboldt County, California